Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer NSSO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AggieCRudd

Do u mind me asking how u know u moved up the ranks did they email you or did you contact them? I am just curious, as to whether I should touch base with them. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cuz72

Hi any idea on how many vacancies there are in tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sanktrangelov

I got in touch with Sigmar last Thursday morning. Here's the email - I recommend giving them a shout: publicsector@sigmar.ie. I think you were two spots ahead of me on the original panel for Galway, so I reckon you're probably around 2nd/3rd now! Hopefully we both get the call!

I emailed them on Friday 25th and they said that they are hiring 7 immediately. Now, I reckon Sigmar didn't tell me about the next potential raft of hires, in order to protect NSSO's reputation - but reading between the lines, I'd say they'll hire more than 7 in the short term. There are 75 CO's total in Tullamore office, so depending on your rank you'll have a good shot of getting in. It's only been a week and a half and I've gone from 25th to 14th on the panel.

Thanks a million really appreciate your help. Fingers crossed for both of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cuz72

The wife placed 22nd for tullamore so fingers crossed the are a lot of vacancies

Still no smoke. I'm 6th in Galway and 12th in Tullamore. Really sad because I need to leave my current job asap. God knows when/if I even get hired from this panel :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭koifish

These panels can range from 1-2 years so I wouldn't lose hope but I wouldn't lose current sleep, either. If your current situation isn't great then it's best to focus on that and moving (whilst the job market is very fluid) and hopefully something crops up on the panel within the next year. Keep an eye out for TCO panels especially, they're ideal for a temp move out and for gaining any civil service experience.

Thanks @koifish I've been looking at TCO panels, but they usually require 1 week notice period - which isn't possible for me as I'm working in Spain right now. Will still try to get on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraBh78

Any update on the Galway panel or how far along the panel is moving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 TwoToothHarry

Has anybody interviewed yet? Any tips/insight as to the questions asked?

Sorry for the delay - I had mine this week and think/hope it went ok but we'll see I guess! It was very straightforward, just based on the competencies like any other civil service interview. (so have your STAR examples at the ready, focus on good team work/communication/self-development etc)

Just curious if anyone's heard of any progress on the Dublin panel? I'm unsure if they're recruiting as many vs. Tullamore and Galway.

In the last 3 weeks I've gone from 6th to 5th, scintillating stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

how is the Tullamore panel going?

thanks.. that's not much movement!

I went from 7th to 2nd on Galway panel but they don't give any info on how many or long. They say patience is a virtue, very annoying!

Just got invited for a role in Tullamore (despite being way higher on the Galway panel for the whole process)! Thanks everyone for your help and I hope your panels move faster!

best of luck well done

Patience is definitely a virtue. Good luck Sanktrangelov!

• Advertisement

That's great news best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Just wondering if anyone that had their interview within the last 2 or 3 weeks if they got their results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CiaraBh78

Anyone know how long pre clearance takes and what are the steps after?

Currently waiting on references to be checked. Haven't heard what the next step after that is. So far it has been two weeks since they came back looking for reference details.

They only sent the email to my references yesterday, asked me to provide them last Monday.

Both my references have said they’ll do it immediately so any delay will be on Sigmars side. Standard.

I was told interviews were ongoing and we'd have correspondence the week of the 16th, but no word yet. So hopefully this coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jaye2023

My friend placed top 10 in Dublin and I’m still waiting for my result. How long do you think he’d have to wait to be offered a position?

I'd say you'll get a reply this week, I just got mine today. I'm wondering how fast it'll move too although I heard they recruited a few COs back in September, so I'm curious if we might just be a back-up panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ceanndána

NSSO Dublin has a high turnover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 RichRooskey

I have an interview next week for HEO in Dublin. I have never applied for a public job before so I am here learning but panel placing if I was to make it that far. Currently out of work after leaving a toxic environment and had hoped it would be a faster process, I really don't want to have to move back to Dublin to get a role in my working area. I am only a year out of 2k rent for a converted attic 🤐.

Advertisement