Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picard 3x07- 'Dominion' ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

As soon as Seven figured out that Tuvoc was a changeling she told him. That didn't feel like Star Trek. It used to be much smarter than that. In the old days they'd have kept that information to themselves and used it.

Geordie doesn't feel like Geordie too. Maybe it's the eyes :) . I know the character is older but his genius and bravery aren't evident anymore. He doesn't seem too bothered about data either who was his best friend (from what I can remember)

I'm a bit tired of the old theme tunes being played to remind us of older better series too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yes and what was the point of shouting questions at the screen risking being traced. Amateur stuff.

Keep cards close to yourself.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

Episode 3, we had one in handcuffs.

Worf recognizes that Rikka is a Changeling,

Tain presents a device that emits a quantum stasis field which should inhibit Odo's shapeshifting ability. While Lovok is angry that he wasn't informed about this device, Garak does not seem pleased with this news and Tain suggests the Tal Shiar should continue the interrogation. Garak is visibly upset and insists that Odo is his prisoner and that it is his duty and responsibility to question Odo further. Tain agrees, with skepticism.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Die_is_Cast_(episode)

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

She could have pretended she didn't know and fed him false information.

My least favourite of this season so far.

Really don't like the whole Data/Lore thing. The storyline has become very difficult to follow IMO. Also a lot of things that dont make sense.

One thing thats been bothering me. Last time we saw Riker he was living happy as Lary with Deanna on a planet with their daughter in Season 1. Now he's at least partially estranged from Deanna due his sense of loss of his son, but that was years ago, so what happened since then?

How did Data-Lore get free and take over the Titan if he was in a stasis pod?

To paraphrase Lily from First Contact Your crew fans are probably used to your orders storylines making sense!

• Advertisement

The Riker/Troi storyline would have been ripped to absolute shreds if it happened in the last 2 seasons but it's amazing how drunk people can get on memberberries.

Dragging Data up again (again) is an absolute disaster of a plotline. His death was about the only good thing from the final episode of season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

The Riker Troi split could easily be explained by her blaming Picard for their son's death and him not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

RIKER in season 1 was clearly an alcoholic who was addicted to making pizza, probably just drinking all day listening to jazz and burning pizzas…. he destroyed his marriage with his behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭corkie

Others came to same conclusion as yourself.

Later in the episode, it becomes clear that Jack can do more than just read minds when he inhabits Sidney's body to fight off her Changeling assailant. Jack's impressive combat abilities, signaled by his red eyes, had already been revealed earlier in Star Trek: Picard season 3. However, it goes one step further in "Dominion" when he's able to transfer these skills and his consciousness into Sidney's body when they're separated by the force field designed to hold Vadic and her crew captive. It could be that Jack's abilities to remote control others, rather than his shared DNA with Picard, are what makes him so important to the Changeling plot against Frontier Day.

Bit of a clickbait article, because they don't explain them.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Theres a growing theory that it's got to do with Dukat (skullface) and/or the Pah-Wraiths but I can't see them go that deep into DS9 territory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Parts of this could easily have been the concept for a Sisko series in the same vein as a Picard one, but Avery Brooks wouldn't come back.

I do kinda like the reversal that Jack is irrelevant as the son of Picard, and only useful for whatever his passenger is.

Edit: I had to check, but Kassidy Yeats was pregnant at the end of DS9, making it even easier for this to slot into the DS9 continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I suppose it gets into a ssemantic argument about the difference between controlling/guiding/influencing. Either way it really wasn't clear, especially since it's a rather large jump from premonitions earlier to fully controlling/aiding/assisting anothers actions. Really hope there's a reasonable explanation in the next episode.

I think it would fit DS9 better but Brooks and Meaney are unlikely and 2 of the cast are dead.

Also DS9 never had the wide appeal of TNG or Stewart which thanks to never ending nostalgia is also the same reason this story wasn't just done with a new crew.

I'm just watching RLM's re:View of episodes 5-7 and I was reminded that there were only 10 Changelings, haven't six or seven of them been killed already?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The changeling number was discussed earlier on the thread, and Vadic makes reference to converting others who were willing to join their cause. This is open worded enough to suggest she's modifying solids, not merely the other 9 changeling captives.

Advertisement