Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Mobile

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If you don't have eir BB, gomo 15 deal is same thing. Same APN for data, same fair usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

My mate has gomo for yonks no issues whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

Appears to be a few things going on in Vodafone Ireland at the moment. The delay and silence around the launch Sky Mobile and the sudden complete stop of the 3G switch off, they even removed the mention of Cork and Galway from the plan on this website.

https://n.vodafone.ie/network/3G-upgrade.html

Vodafone is now selling off its business in Spain stating financial reasons. The Vodafone network outside of cities still needs a largest investment as part on the RAN refresh program as many sites are still 3G only.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vodafone were eyeing up the option of selling Vodafone Ireland business.

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/vodafone-sell-spanish-arm-zegona-530-bln-2023-10-31/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I wouldn't really be too surprised either. Vodafone had it good for so long and now the network is falling behind. Their customer care, or maybe more so their ability to get things right/fixed in one go without having to raise case after case, call back after call back is through the floor and no sign of that improving what so ever. For years I've been happy to pay a premium for robust and decent network but that's a thing of the past. Sky could nearly do themselves a favor and dare I say it choose Eir instead. The 3 network has enough MVNOs

I went with eir with trepidation

but you’re correct ref VF falling behind yet still charging a premium,

bit off topic but from memory wasn’t Elon musk rolling out BB and phone contracts here?

know some ppl have BB from his company here but heard nothing about his phones etc being rolled out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

I read it was to be in 2024.It was a newspaper story earlier this year or even 2022.Might have been by Adrian Wreckler in Irish Independent

I was same re eir (gomo), wouldn't have any concerns now. They've been great in rural and urban settings

I was roaming in Spain a year ago and I had to use VF ES and Christ, throttling was an understatement at 1-2 Mb whereas family on gomo were flying it.

Great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1 teacuplover

I have recently signed up with Sky for BB and TV. When I spoke to the customer care team about 2 weeks ago, they told me that the mobile offering will be rolled out early next year. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭macchoille

Sounds promising but same story we heard in 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

While I hope it's true it also sounds like spin they would say to get you to sign up to a contract regardless of whether they know if it's launching or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭rhinosaurious

Delayed.

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/sky-mobile-delayed-in-ireland-until-second-half-of-2024/a1440357872.html

So it'll be like virgin mobile where you'll have to keep bargaining with them.

Didn't think Tesco is biggest mvno?

Advertisement