Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Explorer EV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: Can we try and bring the topic back to the Ford Explorer please.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Tech_Head

€45,490 (602km range) for Select trim and €48,490 (570 km range)for the Premium trim.

White paint as standard or €841 for other colours. Heat pump extra on both for €1,167 and a 24 week delivery time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pictures added. Spec seems good on both options and I was expecting it to be slightly more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Surprised to see no AWD option.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do they ever sell well here AWD suv types? Arguable not at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Tech_Head

It mentions AWD options in the e-mail but only RWD options available in the configurator tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John arse

I thought there was going to be a shorter range model as well???

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

Interesting, first time I'm seeing it, interior looks way better than id3, wouldn't be hard, do they have them in the showrooms ? I might take a look at the weekend. Can't say I like it much from the outside.

Have to admit, I'm not a big fan of tall hatchbacks, give me a hatchback or better, a far more practical estate. Just adding unnecessarily to the weight.

I don't know why people call them SUV ? it was gas listening to the greens on the radio one day talking about putting forward to the E.U a ban on SUVs because they're too big lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

There is a 52kw coming later this year for ordering, its €42,120, much smaller range of course, and spec currently not available, seems like a reasonable €3,400 extra, for the 50 % larger battery. I assume AWD is the same for later in the year.

I reserved one ages ago on the basis it was AWD.

• Advertisement

Ah so I see, apparently a slightly larger more sporty ev (Capri?) is just around the corner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,633 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They fit the profile of an SUV though tall body line, wide, large everything.

SUV doesn't have to mean a range rover. Look around any car park these days packed with SUV style vehicles. Sans 4x4.

I think people often confuse off road vehicles to SUV which these do most vehicles are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Very sneaky from Ford. The pricing is RRP. The RRP wording is important here.

It may change. €1000 refundable deposit secures. I had a Premium in Magnetic Grey and no other options at €49,390 and was paying the refundable deposit as its either something like this or a Model Y for the use case. But when you select a dealer, it jumps to €51,390 so €1k dealer delivery fees.

Cheaper than some ill admit but sneaky none the less.

What I do find refreshing is the online buying process similar to that other American Brand that starts with a T. No messing, click what you want and buy or don't buy.

I loke the boxy look of this one so will be interesting to see when we can view in person.

Estimated delivery is December, I wonder, giving its a traditional dealer, will they allow you to wait until the January to register and get a 251 instead of a 242 in December?

This may be a taxi. It may replace the MG4 or the eNiro that the 3 year rule will be up in October/november on.

Seal is still on the cards on a personal level but I’m still waiting on M3P to be released to see it.

A really good in-depth initial review here. I still don’t know what they do Ayala reference Tesla, and screams click bait which I don’t like but it’s a very good review of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Not a hope it’ll do 600kms.

77 kWh battery.

Ford claim just under 14 kWh/100km. But meat assume it will be 17-20 in real world.

Id say realistic 350km - 450km car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s the MEB. It should more or less be the same as ID4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Less manufacturers living in fantasy world

Less weather factors

Less the fact you're probably looking to charge once battery hits 20% anyway

Means you're charging it up after every 300kms at best

Nobody ever drives their EV in a manner required to get top efficiency over a high distance in one go. And when you do it's local low speed stuff when you're near your home charger and you don't need anything like full range.

Keep up the good videos Mark, very honest and informative

• Advertisement

Yep. I actually posted that last November when input the first pics into this thread 👍

If you can complete your journey with 20%, absolutely stupid to be stopping and charging at 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JustAPoorDreamer

Why. Once your lithium battery hits 20 per cent you want to be charging it. Lower than that is bad for it. Higher than 80 per cent charge is bad for some too.

No not really with buffers both top and bottom. I’ve driven to 3/4% many times. Why stop and charge just for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I didn't say stop to charge. I said charge. I'm pretty sure if someone is at home with a 20% battery they'll be plugging in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fafy

Looking at the detailed specs there.

Comes with a measly 2 year warranty, extendable to 5 or up to 7 years, at additional cost, which is not confirmed.Even VW & BMW have 3 years warranty, as have many others, Peugeot have 5 years, & MG & Kia, have 7 year warranties.

Has the now, normal 8 year battery warranty, 160,000 kms, minimum battery state does not seem to be confirmed.

Base trim - Select 77kwh seems well specced tbf, main upgrades to Premium trim are : Matrix headlights, panoramic sun roof, 20” alloy wheels(versus 19” on Select), B & O 10 speaker sound system, upgraded cloth interior and electric hatch.

Price includes a 5 year service plan, but only covers the first 2 “bi annual” services, which are unlimited mileage. I can only assume this excludes brake pads(which the likes of Volvo includes), and tyres.

No mention of any charging cables included, allthough spec sheet has pricing for 6 & 8 metre cables.

The spec sheet also confirms the smaller 55kw variant will be available for 2025 deliveries. No mention at all, of the AWD variant.

https://www.ford.ie/content/dam/guxeu/ie/Documents/Pricelists/Cars/PL-new_all_electric_explorer.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Mad_Lad

77 Kwh battery = around 73 in real life available capacity when new as with all VW 77 Kwh batteries.

What 22 Kwh/100 km on the motorway to probably higher, lets say 22 Kwh/100 Km for now = 331 Kms and that's 100% to 0 most likely be charging around 300 Kms.

And the 77 Kwh only get decent charge current when plugging in from 10% or less, plug in at 20+ % and you'll be lucky to see over 60 Kw, that's my experience in the ID3 T5 77 Kw so whether they're tweaked this one a bit for more power I don't know but highly unlikely and the low charging power was one of the biggest disappointments with the 77 Kwh and it just means longer waits at chargers which can be a right pain in the hole.

Advertisement