Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Explorer EV

Options
  • 21-03-2023 2:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For those who want an ID.4 with a Ford badge, looks like it will have the same 77kWh battery as the ID.4 so should have similar range and charging capability

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is it ID4 sized? That's a strange use of the explorer nameplate.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Pretty much, it's taking over the production line from the Fiesta. This model is entirely driven by Euro Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Interesting.

Anyway, i like it.

Congratulations!

Your reservation space is secured.

If you’d like your preferred local dealer to keep in touch, or you have any questions about the launch of the All-Electric Explorer, just select below.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

How boring. Ford really could take some styling hints from Hyundai, KIA and Renault.

I remember when Fords looked good with the MK1 Focus or the MK4 Mondeo or the S-Max or the first Kuga and even some of the later Fiesta's but ford really have lost there way of late. At least the dash and interior look OK.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭creedp

Is this one of the exciting Kia designs you are referring to? Not too much different to the boring Ford imo

• Advertisement
    Ms

Considering g how square the KIA is it actually still looks good and cohesive as well as stylish. The Ford on the other hand looks cheap and bland.

Kia also have the Niro and the EV6 which both have there own unique and stylish looks. Kia are mot afraid to try new things.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭geotrig

1st pic on top you assume its big then the video makes it look small very small or else the guys is very big 😂

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

He's a tall presenter but he does make the car look smaller than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭smax71

Isnt it great that looks are a personal thing and we can agree to disagree. Btw I dont like SUV styling period so none of these cars do anything for but I may consider dropping into specsavers if one of the above is interesting and cohesive while the other isnt

They do seem like they outsourced to the same designer

• Advertisement
    Ms

Isnt it great that looks are a personal thing and we can agree to disagree.

It is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭smax71

• Registered Users Posts: 64,784 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The Fully Charged Show presenter is Jack Scarlett and he is 6'5 / 1.96m which is very tall for an Englishman and that obviously makes the car look small. Space inside is grand as you can see he can comfortably sit "behind himself"

• Registered Users Posts: 64,784 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Interesting to see that Ford is unable to make an affordable EV platform itself, so they buy it in from VW. Surely this must mean that Ford will either have to sell the cars for a higher price or will have to accept a lower margin than VW?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I think it looks good. Ford should think about facelifting their logo for the EV age. Dare I say it, the blue needs to go and at a push the font also.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,809 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's says from €45K on either the Ford website or the press release. Can't remember exactly where I read it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Funny you think blue should go when blue has been adopted as the electric colour.

I didn't know that to be honest and I've never owned a Ford. It's a lovely looking SUV but the ford badge on the front screams American gas guzzler to me. There is a good chance they will attract new customers to the Ford brand with this SUV. A bit of an image revamp like what Peugeot have done wouldn't do them any harm. The VW logo is a great example of how to do it right without neglecting the brands heritage. At the same time, the Ford brand is huge in America and changing the logo might be seen by some as Ford neglecting its routes. We all know the change to electric is as much about marketing as it is about the cars.

Ms

Are you joking. The new VW logo is just terrible not that it was very inventive anyway. But the one before this at least looked decent. The one before that used to wach away lol. I can see the same thing happening to this one. Not many car manufactures do not have inventive logos but VW certainly is one anyway aa well as Ford, Fiat and the Nissan one was never great either. The French on the other hand are properly the best for having innovative logos with Citroen, Peugeot and Renault all having had inventive classy logos.

Some Japanese and Korean ones have to I suppose like Toyota, Mazda, Suzuki, Subura, Honda, Hyundai and Ssangyong all have inventive logos.

The only Korean one that lacks any imagination is KIA.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,601 ✭✭✭creedp

You wouldn't be a French fanboi by any chance or maybe an 'anyone but an VW/Ford' fanboi? In any case I'd better look up the defn of 'inventive' in the Oxford dictionary as I'm a little confused about its application here to car logos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Tbh it looks like a for explorer from 1995. With led slung on the front.

The design is pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Surely the Honda logo is the Japanese equivalent of the VW logo, being the initial of the company and little else? Why do I feel like I am discussing this with a child though?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Having driven various EV and hybrid Fords, I'd give this a wider pass than my sister.

The Mach-E is truly dreadful and not so much built, as its components thrown into a bucket and the result given a registration plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

This will be built in Europe, not North America, so should be better than Mach-E.

I really like it. It looks somewhere in between an ID4 and a Q4. I just don't like the big ford badge on the front. Big car brands are taking a lot of risks with design lately. This car is a big departure for Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It'd want to be in a different universe to the Mach-E.

I wouldn't be too hopeful that just building it in Europe will alter Ford's predilection for crap materials and rubbish interfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭sh81722

Maybe Ford can pick the worst features from both ID and Mach interfaces and combine them to this vehicle. And use a bit lesser materials than ID4. So basically your wish most likely will come true.

Ms

I do love French cars yes and have liked Fords before. The brother had a MK1 Focus and the Dad had three Fords before they lost him as a customer because of there crap sales staff. Is it any wonder Fird are in the Ness they are in not being able to sell enough Fiesta's and Focus models anymore.

The application if Inventive to car logos is Renault did just go oh will use an R as our Logo they came up with a diamond Logo that denotes strength.

Mazda too and Toyota all came up with inventive logos. Hell even Ssangyong came up with an inventive logo that means something.

What did VW do? tThey were lazy sure we will just use a V and W together in a circle sure such a hard job and a lot if thought gone into coming up with that not.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Yes you are right in some ways but then it should have been a H and an A. Instead they took a H gave it there own design and but it in a square. Still more thought gone into it than the VW logo.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I do like the moving screen that is a good idea and the speaker over the dash with the light too.

Some nice idea there the seats are horrible do. Quality of materials looks good. Just a pity they were not more imaginative with the outside design.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement