Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq Sportline or Tesla MY RWD

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

Thanks for sharing the experience ! Helps a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Do you not think if its only three years old he will struggle to sell it privately? Anyone parting with that kind of money will want to buy from a dealer. The dealers have complete control of that market on Donedeal and Carzone. When I tried to sell my car recently, granted it was less than a year old, Skoda offered me 4-5k more on a trade in for an Enyaq than selling it privately to a dealer.

That’s what the dealer told me also not sure if it’s a tactic used but he said to me anyone coming with that kind of money I.e. 38/40k will want some kind of assurance like warranty or piece of mind etc. Having looked at the carzone or DoneDeal not many kodiaqs with the one I have.

Despite this I am kind of leaning towards keeping the car like the other posters advised or wait for maybe EV9 or Tesla.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There are buyers out there for the right car at the right price. I’ve bought and sold 40-50k cars privately in many occasions over the years.

True that most will want a dealer experience but those that know there way around a deal will be comfortable saving couple of k from the dealer mark up.

No harm advertising it and see how it goes. Nothing to loose.

Thank you so much!

I’ll indeed re-finance the car rather than trading in and getting Enyaq that I will not be 100% sure or happy in and will always compare or question myself.

I’ll advertise or keep and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement

The Enyaq is due a midlife facelift in a year or two so no harm waiting. Also, you're thinking about an EV at this point so it's a good start towards looking at the market over the next few years, watching some Youtube videos on ownership, and making the step at a later point when it makes more sense to you.

Thank you! Appreciate it! My partner is already telling me to wait for buying a house for the charger 😂😂

Wait hang on, you don’t have a house? If renting do you have a front garden to put in a charger?

Dare I say it, but nobody should be buying an EV unless you can install a home charger or at least charge at home on granny cable.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Sportline spec is an expensive option, the non sportline 82KWh model can be got under the grant. Model Y is better value for sure but unlikely you’ll get €38K for a 3year old petrol Kodiaq from anyone else. I’d go for the big battery model over one with sportline trim but all depends on intended usage pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

Given the state of the charging network I wouldn't buy a non-Tesla EV at the moment if its your primary car. I know someone who was waiting for two hours to charge a Skoda EV in Limerick recently. The Tesla supercharger works seamlessly, quickly and are always available; ESB cars is not a good experience (check the thread here on e-cars for more context - they are frequently out of service, often have queues and there aren't that many fast chargers). This will be something you will need to plan every journey around so I would echo some of the other posters on here and question whether you should keep your own car.

We have a model 3 and I had to charge it twice last week on the way up and back from Cork-Dublin. As a run-around for dropping kids to sports - it's perfect- good fun to drive on small roads nipping down to the GAA etc. However I actually prefer driving our other car - an ICE (Audi) on Long journeys - it's more comfortable for motorway driving and no hassle with charging etc. The cost difference is about €30 up and back to Dublin. I won't be buying another electric car for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement

We have a common area in the estate where it was going to be installed but she was more about installation and then in installation 🤷🏻‍♂️

It’s mainly city driving and taking kids to Creche school run etc to be honest. Since I’ve the Sportline I wanted to stay with it but that enthusiasm is kind of gone now

Thanks for the feedback! As you and other posters mentioned I’m steering towards keeping the car for another while and see how things pan out.

Strange hearing you say that about the Audi. We've been running an EV for a few years as our main car. Our last two second cars were ICE Audi's. I found getting in and out of the Audi unbearable even though both were dsg models. I actually sold the most recent one after three months ownership as the road noise was so unbearable and the gearbox was clunky. I think once you get into EV driving it's very hard to go back to an ICE car. We are now running another EV as our second car and its night and day with the refinement. I know a lot of people like the feeling of an ICE car which is fair enough I suppose. Just my own experience.

Worth clarifying that the Audi is a 3.0 TDI A7 and I have a bit of a soft spot for it - no complaints with the transmission or road noise!

I was initially thinking of getting another EV but after recent experiences with the charging network (and removal of USS) plus a realisation that the Tesla is less comfortable for long distances will hold off - Model S isn't really an option either due to cost/ availability. I'm looking forward to seeing what the electric A6 is like. Will still wait at least a few years though before switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wife had an A7 3.0 TDI and I have to say the gearbox was atrocious. So laggy and took an age to kick down. It was a shame because the car itself was nice looking.

Herself used to think I was talking rubbish about the gearbox until she changed to an 840d BMW. Gearbox is much more responsive and kicks down much quicker.

Funnily enough she actually drives my M3P more than her own car and has admitted she loves the instant power.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

It’s funny I have an A7 3.0 TDi borrowed while I wait for my Y. Agreed the lag befor taking off is frightening. She’s a thirsty lady too🙈 lovely looking car but I wouldn’t buy one

That’s one of Audis worse gearboxes they’ve ever made.

BMW drives significantly better than any Audi I’ve owned but I always have a soft soft for an Audi as they look better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Is there any option to configure the Audi to make it more responsive? I know with my BMW that a combination of personal settings for the engine/transmission makes it much nicer to drive than any of the default drive modes.

I traded a 520d in for the Tesla. Much prefer the Audi gearbox (and looks!). I have a 2017- I’ve read that the newer A7 gearbox isn’t great and has a lot of lag.

• Advertisement

You can select from different modes and customise it; never bothered with that tbh.

Audis are strange cars. I had a 1.0l Dsg A1 for a while and I loved it. Great gearbox. The 1.5l TSI Dsg in the A3 is horrible and struggles to find the right gear on hills. It also sounds like a tractor. I'd like to see Audi do more with the interiors in their electric cars. I won't be back to the Audi brand any time soon after my most recent experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭creedp

Strange as the interiors and the 4 rings on the nose have always been Audi's 2 biggest USP

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Yeah I would be with you on that. As much as I like the M3, the big advantage of it like most EVs over ICE is on local roads or shorter runs and city driving. Will be adopting a similar strategy to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I a non Tesla EV for a year and a half now and haven't had to wait for a charger yet. Avoid charging in cities I charge on commute and put a little thought into were before hand also never plan to drain to zero when charging on the road allow a buffer (I'll drain to close to zero when home is the next stop)

Some of the destinations from Galway included Dublin, Belfast, Waterford, Cork, Sligo and Kerry.

Advertisement