Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq Sportline or Tesla MY RWD

Options
  • 17-03-2023 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’ve searched the forums here but wanted to ask before making a final decision. 

Currently I own Skoda Kodiaq Sportline 2020 7S with 17500KM on the clock 1.5 petrol manual. I am coming the end of term of PCP and I decided to get an EV. The dealership is offering 38k for my kodiaq…I was going to buy Tesla MY but they postponed the delivery to June/Sept timeframe. government grant of 5K will be reduced from July onwards and hence I don’t want to lose that grant so I have checked Enyaq Sportline yesterday and compared to Tesla feels more comfortable and more of a family car. Neither car will accommodate 4 kids on a back row (unless multimac solution) so they draw in there. Tesla has more storage, supercharger network( I might use once or twice a year as I do manual not city driving and can charge at work), acceleration, tech etc.

I really liked the enyaq also, tech wise very close to Tesla and comfortable and more of a family car. 62Kw battery wouldn’t be a big issue.

after doing my calculations there is about 5-6k euro difference in price I.e. Tesla is cheaper than Sportline enyaq due to price cuts they have done.

I watched loads of videos, reviews etc but ended up undecided so wanted to ask you guys opinion, what would you recommend? Does Enyaq would worth the difference? (Mind that I don’t know how much government grant will be reduced so the price difference might be 3-4k in the end). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as the dealer told me Skoda might be increasing the prices from April and onwards (not sure if that’s correct) and they have race blue there ready to be delivered).

Enyaq PCP is 5.9% and Tesla MY is 6.4%

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

be careful of small battery enyaq I've heard stories of people not get 350KM out of an iV 80 .. no heat pump, so not sure what a bad day is for a 60 ( maybe 250! )

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Forerunner

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Post up the price and spec of each car.

Skoda Enyaq IV60 Sportline with Clever pack and clever pack plus.

Tesla Model Y RWD with metallic blue , no extras.

Post the spec of each to compare.

Heated steering wheel etc

panoramic roof etc etc

You need to list out both.

• Advertisement

Model Y

• 12 way power adjustable front seats with driver lumbar support
    • Single front passenger seat
    • Electronic fold flat seat release 40/20/40
    • Expansive glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
    • HEPA filtration system - "Bioweapon defence mode"
    • Center console with storage, 2 cup holders and armrest
    • Type 2 cable
    • Glovebox, lockable with illumination
    • Interior floor mats
    • Interior ambient lighting
    • Driver and front passenger sunvisors with illuminated vanity mirrors
    • Rear centre armrest with 2 cup holders
    • Power adjustable steering wheel
    • 3 seat bench in 2nd row
    • 2 fixed rear headrests
    • Automatic dual-zone climate control system
    • Front head restraints
    • Heated steering wheel
    • Map and reading lights
    • Heated rear seats
    • Heated front seats

• Single motor RWD
    • Type 2 connector
    • 11 kW AC onboard charger
    • Tesla mobile connector + domestic adapter (British 3-pin)
    • CCS charging connector (170Kw Max)

• Power folding, auto dimming and heated wing mirrors
    • Rear view mirror auto dimming
    • 3rd brake light
    • Automatic headlights and wipers
    • Auto headlights
    • Auto high beam
    • Rain sensitive windscreen wipers
    • LED Headlights
    • LED tail lights
    • Daytime running lights
    • Rear window defroster
    • Electric windows with one touch open

• Collision warning
    • Active safety technologies including collision avoidance and automatic emergency braking
    • Emergency braking
    • 3x3 point rear seatbelts
    • Electronic parking brake
    • Side curtain airbags
    • Electronic Brakeforce Distribution + Brake Assist
    • Driver/Front Passenger airbags
    • Tyre pressure monitoring system
    • Electronic stability control
    • 3 point front seatbelts with pre-tensioners
    • Rear door child safety locks
    • Anti lock brake system + traction control

• Music and media via bluetooth
    • Premium audio 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps and full immersive sound
    • 4 USB C ports
    • DAB Digital radio

• 15" Touchscreen display
    • Power lift tailgate
    • Software updates over WiFi
    • Electric assisted front and rear doors
    • Emergency call service
    • Custom driver profiles
    • Speed limit recognition
    • Mobile App interface
    • Blind spot monitoring
    • Acoustic seat-belt warning
    • Bluetooth hands free phone with voice control system
    • Reversing camera
    • Speed sensitive power steering
    • Navigation system

• Keyless driving and keyless entry
    • Wireless phone charging
    • Dashcam
    • Anti theft alarm

Checking Skoda one.

Now you have proper comparison.

Budget will be a big factor but go drive both to see what you like in reality.

The Model Y drives better, has more performance, is more efficient and it technologically a better car IMO but many don’t like the minimalist interior or styling.

That’s where your personal opinion comes in.

Both are nice places to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

That enyaq 60 sports line is coming in at over €61k, with heat pump an extra €1160.

the MY RWD is €48k.

• Advertisement

Thanks man! With PCP it narrows tiny bit but if I wait for the delivery government grant will be reduced too :(

Thanks man! I drove both but still undecided :(

Tough choice then….

Go drive them again maybe and see if the second drive highlights anything further. Maybe ask the dealers for an extended demo over a weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Model Y. Bioweapon defence mode is the clincher for me!

Only joking, can't go wrong with a Skoda really.

Thanks man! Yeah quite happy with current Kodiaq as I had 0 issues since I bought it, EV world seems to be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

First thing I’d be doing is selling your Kodiaq yourself. I know someone who went the exact same route as you, sold the Kodiaq in 48 hours on Done Deal and went for the Y as the price difference is a factor but the natural step for them was an Enyaq.

Have you confirmed that you can get an Enyaq soon?

Thanks man. Yep the dealer has the Enyaq Sportline in the showroom the blue one. Giving 38k for my Kodiaq Sportline as part exchange (most likely will sell for 41-42k themselves).

Just talked to Tesla and they said wait until the end of March as they are finalising orders so might be a hint for Q2 shipment? Not sure what to make out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

If the Enyaq is available now and you are finding it hard to decide which you like more, then the Enyaq is the one to go for. That said, you won't get anywhere near the advertised range on the Enyaq as it is far less efficient. You would need to get the bigger battery to compensate if you need that range.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Both lovely cars so it really depends what you are looking for. If the APR is lower with Skoda it might be the better option. If your main objective is to buy a larger EV, you should also consider the Ioniq 5 as it is very nice. VW are doing low 3.9% apr rates this month so an ID4 might be interesting. If interior size is less important, the Polestar 2 is a smashing car with a low APR rate of 3.9% and delivery within two weeks. If you don't do long journeys buy the smaller battery in any of the above. You'll probably get the most bang for you buck with Tesla, Polestar and Hyundai. I've never driven an Enyaq but VAG generally offer less bang for your buck than the other brands. The last thing to consider is that you get get a much lower price for your current car going with Tesla. You would need to sell your car to a dealer and they will only offer you wholesale. Skoda will offer you a lot more as a trade in.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for the detailed summary! I’ll check those you have mentioned also briefly on the web!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

I was adding in MSM from a previous order i had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

I might be off the wall as nobody else has mentioned it, but I think the logical solution is to keep the Kodiaq. In Sportline spec its a really nice car plus you've 7 seats which with a mention of 4 kids is obviously a big deal.

Your doing 17,500 over 3 years - so less 6,000 a year - that probably about 8 fills of petrol a year or max €1000? You will save nothing on fuel and move into a less practical car going ev.

Rather than going PCP for another car you could get a loan- probably for less than the PCP rate, and have your lovely car paid off while it is still worth a lot of money.

This is something I wasn’t even thinking of to be honest!!! You gave me loads food for thought !!!! Thanks for the input! Really appreciate it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Simple decision then if you have a physical car available take it especially EV. Tesla may say Q2 but I would think it'll be more than likely sept. a lot of uncertainty around deliveries.

If delivery wasn't an issue I'd go MY (but M3 would be my Tesla preference).

Thanks so much!! I had two options kind of and thanks to previous poster now I have 3 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Or @Op you could wait till the new KIA EV9 is out and go for that. It will be electric and a 7 seater. It is due out next year. So in the mean time do as another poster said get a CU loan and be paying of the car you have now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Or @Op you could wait till the new KIA EV9 is out and go for that. It will be electric and a 7 seater. It is due out next year. So in the mean time do as another poster said get a CU loan and be paying of the car you have now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement