Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else waiting for a new Honda?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Is this Honda Dealer also a KTM Dealer, are they based in Dublin?

If so, that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

This is where I got mine: has sold a good few bikes to Ireland, so not unfamiliar with dealing with us - might be worth a try: https://www.premiummotors.nl/

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

i gave you a suggestion of who may be able to source you a bike , did you call them ?

• Advertisement

Any hope you can explain? PM is ok if you wish.

I did ring "bikeshop in kells, co meath". Gave my details and the bike required. I'm still waiting for a callback.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

he will dont worry, CC are busy but will come back to you. if you dont hear anything give him a buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Anyone find a work around contact sellers on Leboncoin on Parking Motorcycles as need an account but need a French mobile to register

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Change out the front sprocket for one with one or maybe two more teeth - easy fix.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭TheRona

Yeah, I had considered that a while back. I wasn't sure how much it would affect torque in higher gears, considering it's pretty gutless already.

Well if you don't have enough torque in a higher gear, change down 😎

I used to ride a 600, very fast when you kept it spinning but you could have to change down 2 or even 3 gears to overtake. No big deal.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Wow Honda offers a lot to a buyer there! 1 year all risk insurance and 5 year warranty!! The Uk offers free Datatag and 2 year warranty, Ireland, we get a 2 year warranty! Think i might reconsider buying a new bike here 😑

You're not comparing apples with apples though.

1. In the first instance, what insurance is on offer in UK/NL is of no consequence to here, as it doesn't cover you here.
    2. Whilst a longer warranty is a 'nice-to-have', it's the same bike you're getting, so the warranty cover isn't going to affect your likelihood of needing it. UK warranty an RoI are the same, at 2 years.
    3. And, if you buy a new bike in (say) NL, and bring it in here, don't expect Honda here to help you out on any warranty-related items.

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

The point I was making is they offer better deals in other countries, wasn't in any way implying I could bring it here and have the insurance cover or warranty.

I've bought a few bikes new in this country, and we get feck all extras. I understand it is because we have a smaller pool of bikers, doesn't make it fair though, and as said I'll stick to secondhand now I think.

It's because there's a very very long tradition of importers here screwing us to the wall and getting away with it.

Once they have your money they don't give a fúck. Warranty claims? 🤣 Recalls? Nah, don't exist in Ireland.

Of course what is on offer in other EU countries is of consequence. The euro in my pocket are just as good as someone in NL

Life ain't always empty.

You're preaching to the converted: I bought my GW in NL.

You're right about recalls & service: you're on your own.

Special offers of warranty or cheap finance etc are only of no consequence to use in RoI as we can't access them, that's my point. If I was living in NL it'd be great.

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement