Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else waiting for a new Honda?

Options
  • 13-03-2023 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I ordered a new Honda in July 2022. I was told then, that I'd have it in March 2023. Now I'm being told May 2023.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

There isn't a Honda available today that I'd be willing to wait that long for... It'll be obsolete by the time you get it.

My guess is the dealer is a messer... I'd be asking for a copy of the purchase order where they placed the order with Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

serious delays in delivery of new cars due to supply chain issues, surely bikes are in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

This is coming from Honda and being passed to me by my dealer. He most certainly is not a messer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm waiting on a new Goldwing DCT

The dealer is waiting for payment though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 35 abmoto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Welcome to my world.

I gave up getting a new one, and bought a 6mth old one in NL and rode it home.

Sidebar: official dealer support for GW here is non-existent. Will probably ride to UK for servicing.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PopSensyDad

Wonderer78 is right. Japan Honda issued an apology for delay in delivery, at the page top of all models including Goldwing CVT. (https://www.honda.co.jp/info/20220617a.html , 28 Dec 2022)

The listed reasons are:

• supply chain disorder since Covid
    • marine transportation melee
    • semiconductor supply shortage

It also explains the current situation continues for the time being. In Japan, there are lots of post mourning about waiting too long time to receive their bikes already paid (many are over 6 months). I hope your Gold arrives soon...

edit:

Opps Dual Clutch Transmission not Continuously Variable Transmission, sorry. I nearly made Gold into PCX (haha).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭TheRona

Have recently decided I'd like to get the new TransAlp. Will wait to see what the guy at the bike shop says about when I can actually get my hands on one.

I know a guy who ordered an X-ADV a while back. When it finally came, it wasn't even in the colour he requested, so he didn't go through with the purchase.

Sounds like things are a bit of a nightmare at the moment.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 629 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I am waiting 2 months for a new Hornet but thats only cos I want it in black, could have had a white or yellow one the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 abmoto

I hope the Transalp frees up a few decent Teneres into the used market.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

i ordered a bike elsewhere, a year waiting on one specifc honda to come in, i gave up. Bikes being advertised here that they didnt have, and other dealers advertising the same bike - but yet there wasnt one to be had?! joke.

for anyone looking at the new transalp, reviews far and wide are raving about it, its not a true off road trailie, but will handle light dirt and all day road comfort etc. Looks tall but ppl 5'6 can get both feet on the deck. its one of them bikes, looks a bit naff in pcis, but id sday its better up close in the real world.

the price , finish, engine etc and everything else it has, imo it far superseeds anything else in the market for the money. Only drawback is no DCT, that a bit sh1t, as the DCT is fantastic.

new honda displays are excellent along with modes etc.

The Transalp looks nice and seems like a good bike, bar the fact that it's not off-road oriented... I'd be inclined to go for and Aprilia Taureg, which is very capable on and off road and seems to fit in the same category. It's also available to buy, which helps.

cant knock the Tuareg, and full dealer support also, like the honda.If you were green laning etc, the Tuareg is more of both worlds i agree, but for the majority of riders the Transalp will be ideal @ 12.5k appx - i now see the tuareg is down to 13800 for the standard colours now.

I've been told that the Transalp will be out in May for grey, and June for the other colours. I was hoping for a DCT bike, but the quickshifter on the Transalp will have to do. I've been told I'll need to put a deposit down soon, but it really comes down to how much I have to pay after trading in my bike and getting the few extras I want on the Transalp.

The only think putting me off is the tubed tyres. No idea why Honda went tubed. It's clear that it's mainly a road bike that can handle some light off road, so it doesn't really make sense to go tubed. I've heard horror stories about tubes, really making me question whether I want to go for it or wait for something else.

tubed wheels can be a PITA, they do have tubed on another variant of the larger AT so i was curious why they did it on the transalp. but then , how often do you get a puncture? it could be, i dont know for sure, that honda may release a DCT later in the year with tubeless tyres, but its hard to know.

i think its a cracker of a bike, not gone on looks, but i think the bike will be better up close like i said.

id shop around on a trade in, as some are in cahoots with each other 🤐. Last year a lot of the smaller adv350 scooters were scooped up immediately, so if you want an translp, id get doing the legwork. Aftermaket parts will be availabe everywhere, so i wouldnt be sticking your neck out for the pricey honda OEM parts - unless the dealer was doing you a deal.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 629 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

I should have my hornet before then which is the same engine,gearbox,dash and other bits. Happy to show it to you when I get it (hopefully next month)

Sounds good, thanks. I was contemplating the Hornet, but thought the TransAlp would be better as a year-round commuter. I'm over 6' tall as well, so not sure how small the Hornet would feel. I don't think the TransAlp is worth almost €3k extra, though!

I had a CB500x last year and I found it a bit of pain in Dublin traffic. It was nicer travelling on motorways etc but not that much nicer than my previous naked. As you said I don't think the TransAlp is worth the 3k extra for basically some screen, studier frame. It is a nice looking bike though!

I've had the CB500X the last few years. Funnily enough I don't mind it around town, it's on the M50 etc where I don't like it. The gearing is just too low. I don't use 1st gear very much, and when you're cruising at 100km/h it's buzzing at probably 5k+ rpm.

• Advertisement

The Honda I'm waiting for since July 2022, is the NC750X DCT.

What's annoying is, there are new ones sitting in German Honda showrooms for sale but I can't have one until May, hopefully!!

Yeah I found it really poor on the motorways, there was quite a lot of vibs on the footpegs and grips. Ironically enough my single cylinder Husky is more comfy long distance and its a naked.

thats why i went elsewhere , new honda bikes appear to be all over europe but none here - what does that tell you?

When you say "elsewhere" do you mean you're buying a new Honda outside of Ireland or did you go to another brand?

I've asked a couple of dealers in Germany if they can export a new bike to Ireland without VAT. No replies yet.

Theres a place in Gorey that seems to be bringing in brand new bikes from Germany... At least I've heard of them bring in Moto Guzzi's.

I think they're called Overlanders or something similar...

I called past my bike shop today, and he said there will be plenty of Honda stock arriving in June.

Right now, I think I'm going to hold off on ordering a bike. The new Hornet is too small, the TransAlp has tubed tyres, and the NC750X doesn't have as much power as I'd like. If only they'd put the new Hornet/TransAlp engine in the NC, or put tubeless tyres on the TransAlp.

I suspect this year will be the last of the current incarnation of the NC. The next model will have the new 750 twin engine and twin disks at the front. All of this is just MHO.

EDIT: I'm in my 8th decade so I'm not going to wait around for a new model :)

Post edited by WestWicklow1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

shouldn't be any reason not to, but some won't just because of the bother with the paperwork. Did you try Netherlands ?

Loving the colour on this: same as my Wing: Pearl Mud Grey

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=364050597&lang=de&utm_source=DirectMail&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=Recommend_DES&vc=Motorbike

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

bikeshop in kells, co meath.....he's sourced a couple of bikes for me.

• Advertisement

I've been talking to a main Honda dealer in the Netherlands for the last few days regarding a new NC750X. Got a price (without their VRT, which turned out to be almost the same amount as our VRT). They'd refund the 21% Dutch VAT after I provide proof that I have paid Irish VAT. Got a price from Jarvis to bring it home. Asked the Dutch dealer for an invoice this morning and he replies to say that they've just registered it and put it on demo so it can't be sold to me without their VRT.

The search goes on...

Advertisement