Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran 7/5/23 configuration changed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Don’t see them coming back here for another 3 years at least after this fiasco

• Registered Users Posts: 12,205 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

They did a great concert last year in St Anne's Park.

Too soon I think to be returning, and too ambitious a venue unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I've been going to a lot of gigs for a lot of years and the closest I can remember to this was when Paul Weller did a 5 night anthology in the Olympia and they basically had to paper the weird jazz years night.

I can see the same thing happening for Def leopard/motley crue in Marlay park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Agree on the Leppard / Crue thing .... I reckon there will be freebies everywhere for that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

Recently claims about Motley Crue playing to backing tapes won't help the cause either. Joke of a band

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The nighthawk

Most of the upper section was curtained off the last time they played the 3Arena/02 in 2011 and I think it had been few years since they last played here by then. It was always going to be difficult to sell having played here last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That 4 tickets for €20 seems to be closed now. If anyone hears of any similar deals going please post them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭the 12 th man

Playing a gig around a Brucie weekend is a serious punt imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Looking at the seating map of what's left is not actually as bad as I thought. Probably fill a few more as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The place is hopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Fantastic gig!!

The whole thing with the free or discounted tickets worked because the place was full!!

I'll venture a guess that it was too late for the promoter to do the smaller standing section (probably have already sold more standing tickets) and had to go with a full seated plan.

Not that it mattered anyway as everyone was up on their feet the whole time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I went along after getting the 4 for 20 deal, was a great gig. Seats were very high up but for a fiver you cant complain :-)

Jake Shears was good fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kilteragh

Great gig and good to see it nearly full and bouncing for most of the night.

Jake Shears was an excellent support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Iggie

I bought a ticket for this at full price as soon as they went on sale and got sat in the shittiest seat in the 3 arena (block g against the wall)

do ticketmaster automatically fill up the **** seats for the early buyers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Great gig. Ten songs from the first two albums...I was always going to enjoy that. Highlights were Careless Memories, Lonely in your Nightmare and Last Chance on the Stairway. Great seats in the second 'tier' in front of the stage so we had a class view of the stage.

The Future Past songs had little impact but that was to be expected.

After two gigs in less than a year it could be a while before we see them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,160 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Went along as a friend scored some freebies and I can never refuse a free gig... Turns out I know a lot more Duran Duran songs than I thought I did and enjoyed them a lot. Jake Spears was awful though imo, I never liked Scissor Sisters but his solo stuff is terribly bland by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I bought three full price tickets and picked where I wanted to sit in block M last January. A great view and great access to the bar and facilities. A typical Irish Duran gig. Fab show. Some die hards (I'm one) Some 80s randomers on a night out, and freebie event junkies. Loved it! We all had fun anyway despite what we paid. The only time they played here to a hardcore crowd was in the Olympia in December 1999. Now they were two nights to remember! Thank you to all that complimented my T-Shirt last night!

Advertisement