Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran 7/5/23 configuration changed

Options
  • 10-03-2023 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Ticketmaster notifying me that the standing section will now be changed to seating. Any reason why such a decision would be made here ? Not impressed with the new seats giving to us either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Didn’t sell enough tickets to justify it being a standing show. 8,000 capacity versus 14,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Wow that mad. Even Madness was standing last year. Same with The Cure ( tho tickets were gold dust for that).

Duran Duran has a decent crowd last year in St Annes I thought.

Is there any recourse for seating change in anyone's experience ? Annoying that I had them booked within 15-20 mins of going on sale and they give us the last row.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

That's annoying. I know a lot of people are coming in from other countries specifically because they can stand at the barrier and are fuming now that they have to be seated. I had seated anyway so it's no skin off my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Duran Duran were excellent in St. Anne's Park, but a return visit in less than a year, as well as a clash with Bruce Springsteen, and this was always going to be a big ask.

The last time I remember them putting in seats for a gig that had originally been sold as standing was for Roger Waters in the Aviva.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Very disappointing for me. Can't even imagine sitting in a Duran Duran concert, their sets are 90% greatest hits, so lots of dancing. And Jake Shears supporting which is even more dancing. Plus I got allocated a seat in a block, not on the ground floor.

Anyway it will be a great night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

You'll survive, could be worse you could have no concert at all

Love to see Duran Duran but everytime they play here i always cant make it. Bruce in The RDS the same night is a great sub anyway ha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

That should only make sense if the floor seating is already up from the prior gig and the next one also needs it; considering it is far from cheap to demount/remount it.

The event before is a comedy show, so seated; but after is Post Malone which has standing.

Must be some very odd accounting going on, considering the seats need to come down anyway.

The floor seating has block and row IDs just like the fixed seating does - I think Row 20 or 21 is the front of the fixed balcony, the balcony front gets removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Elton John

Is he still standing ?

😁

(Edit, joke on the fact that Duran Duran concert is no longer standing and Elton John concert is soon, and wondering if concert is still standing and also he has a song with the same name... oh never mind )

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

I’ve been in 3 arena when they changed it, takes them about an hour as they just pull the seats out from the wall with a forklift. The seats right in front of the stage are held in storage zipped together and wheeled out.

flipping the seats up was time consuming part and sure 3 or 4 of them had it done in no time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

An hour for a rake of people / kit, though. Going to be a few grand of cost.

They also need to re-fit and test the front of the balcony; don't want a section falling out with someone leaning on it.

But regardless, this all has to be done for Post Malone so its just moving the effort not avoiding it!

• Advertisement

It was about 4 people including 2 forklift drivers, not a massive operation at all. Probably a €1,000 worth of a job for people already on-site doing other operational things.

Ticketmaster help desk is hilarious. They are not willing to admit that the seat allocation was not done in order of ticket purchase when challenged on it meaning someone who purchased a standing ticket long after they were released is likely closer to the front than someone who booked them immediately on release.

I see they're now offering discounts like there's no tomorrow. First it was a Mother's Day special offer, now it's a discount of Summer2023. Slap in the face for those of us who bought on the presale.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled due to low ticket sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭fafy

Where are these discounts available ?

any links ?

Stupid to think demand would be there after st Anne’s last summer. I’m sure curtains will be used and radio stations will give away tons of tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The recent incentives may have helped, but while lower Blocks A and G (the worst) have plenty of availability, the upper sections are not as bad as you'd think. Block L - the centre one - is almost sold out, and K and M only have seats in the last eight or ten rows. Obviously, for a show that was envisioned as a full floor standing with a much greater capacity, these figures aren't good, but optically, it's doing reasonably okay with three weeks to go.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Going from 14,000 to 8,000 though. If they scrape 5,000 tickets I’d be surprised

Same day as Bruce in the RDS and a bank holiday weekend

Better off headlining forever young festival at this stage 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Advertisement

My bad

Hoping I'll see Duran Duran someday soon. Always something comes up everytime they play here it seems ha

There's ads all over Facebook from 3arena. Copied the following off FB:

Scouting for a deal? Then we have you covered 💸

Get 20% off tickets to see Duran Duran at 3Arena with code Summer2023

Limited time offer. Use code: Summer2023

❗️ Book Now❗️

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/duran-duran-tickets/artist/734969

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

30% off if you have 3plus too, got a text earlier for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭emo72

Is there a possibility that there will be free tickets for this

And plenty of competitions on radio etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭emo72

They were giving out free tickets for arcade fire last year, shur ye never know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Really looking forward to this one. I've tried to avoid the setlists from their shows in the UK but it's hard to miss on social media. Hopefully I'll get to hear a couple of songs live that I haven't heard before. They've been getting great reviews for the UK shows. I just hope they drop White Lines from the set as it's sh1ite but can't have everything I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Got an email from SeeFilmFirst this morning, they usually provide free tickets to film previews, test screenings and such for smaller movies but surprised to see that they were offering me 4 tickets to Duran Duran for a fiver each. They were only available in batches of 4 but €20 is a bargain for that imo. They didn't have the premium seats available to pick but still pretty decent ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Link for the fiver tickets, Registration required.

They must have only sold a couple of thousand tickets, this might be the last time they play Ireland out of sheer embarrassment.

Advertisement