Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] AH threadban appeal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You’re not wrong there, Tom. Not too sure why the thread wasn’t “moved over” long ago. I don’t think the CA mods want it.

I do think with some “light touch” moderation it would do a lot better, and take up far fewer mod hours, over there. Plus those posting wouldn’t have to feign shock at anyone suggesting the “views” put forward are bigoted.

It sticks out like a sore thumb in AH and acts as a beacon for those banned from CA, you know, the prison bars “types”. Certainly hasn’t been lighthearted, at any rate, although I do appreciated Raichu’s attempts at trying to steer it that way since its reopening.

The tide is turning…

we discussed moving it to CA/IMHO before but we were all in strong agreement it’s not the right place and it does suit AH a bit more.

moving it from one forum to another won’t realistically change the thread anyway so it’s sort of just uprooting it for the sake of uprooting it

I am not overturning it. that’s the end of it on my part. If you want, like ToS said, I’ll ask an admin to review it.

that decision I will leave to you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

So despite having given you everything you - and ToS - have actually asked for (that is, an unconditional apology for backseat modding, and an acknowledgment that I will report your posts in future instead of commenting in thread), you've not even acknowledged that, thereby failing to engage properly in the DR process (all attempts at resolution are coming from me so far as I can see). You've put out that I've engaged in backseat modding far more often than I have been ("I believe Ten Of Swords has in the past also told you to knock that off", which I've asked you twice now to clarify, but you've ignored), and used that incorrect statement to claim that you don't see why I won't backseat mod in future, which seems the only argument you're making to back your decision up.

In addition, Leg End Reject was given a warning for backseat modding over the Quran issue, but I've been given a threadban (a week? A month? Permanent?) for the same thing, which hardly seems consistent.

To be honest, this sort of stuff is exactly why there's a 9-page complaints thread about you in the Feedback forum.

I will take up with an admin myself.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looking into this.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry awec, beat you to it :)

Closing this now as the dispute has been resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement