Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close contact - how long these days before you are in the clear?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

I was going to reply to that post but you've pretty much said enough here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Thanks for the long boring list of things to do, let me know where I said any of that was not possible.

I said due to the fact that Covid is here to stay, we need to change certain behaviors, like exposing people in care homes. Covid happened in 2020, before that was pre-covid, we are now in the present where certain measures are still needed to protect the vulnerable, measures that were not needed to the same extent pre-covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Very small precautions are needed for care homes, most are vaccinated too. Your posts come across as dramatic hyperbole “ heads buried in sand” “ pre covid world is history” . Those two statements are complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

The vulnerable were well able to protect themselves before covid, let them do it again post covid. They got spoiled with all the lockdowns and restrictions during covid, but that's a thing of the past now.

Things are back to normal for over a year now and the world still hasn't fallen apart, why do you insist on pushing your fears or concerns on the rest of us who have gotten back to normal?

covid is with us forever now, it's background noise for most, just another illness that gets us a few days off work on sick leave. Yes, it can kill some people, but so can the cold, flu, etc, and you didn't have lockdowns, masks or restrictions for those illnesses.

If it wasn't for government running stupid adverts, people panicking on social media or unions shouting on mass media, we wouldn't notice a thing about it.

Care homes had mass deaths due to flu before and no one batted an eyelid, but change flu to covid and everyone has a melt down!

"Very small precautions are needed for care homes," yeah I agree, yet people on this thread are getting mad because the original poster is trying to do exactly that. It seems like they want to just ignore the fact that the world has changed, there is now a virulent virus in circulation and certain precautions are needed.

Also, if you are going to quote me the least you could do is use the actual quote, dont write your own and put in quotations, it makes you look deceitful.

Here are some of my actual quotes, where is the dramatic hyperbole?

"we need to change certain behaviors, like exposing people in care homes" "this means taking some minor precautions like trying not to spread a virus in a care home" "we need to change certain behaviors"

I'm struggling to see the dramatic hyperbole.

Post edited by Sconsey on

• Advertisement

So much nonsense in such a short post!

They got spoiled with all the lockdowns and restrictions during covid

Fsck the vulnerable right?

why do you insist on pushing your fears or concerns on the rest of us who have gotten back to normal?

I'm actually arguing against the people that think they know better than the medical health experts. Normal has changed, not by very much for the vast majority but the stubborn few who mock even the slightest change need to be challenged. Normal is now more precautions for the vulnerable then we had pre-Covid. Why do you insist on ignoring that?

covid is with us forever now, it's background noise for most, just another illness that gets us a few days off work on sick leave. Yes, it can kill some people, but so can the cold, flu, etc, and you didn't have lockdowns, masks or restrictions for those illnesses

Two points here, Covid is much more virulent that the flu or a cold so some things have had to change to address that. Who is talking about lockdowns? this thread is about taking precautions if working a care home. Why are you going on about lockdowns for flu or colds? Nonsense

If it wasn't for government running stupid adverts, people panicking on social media or unions shouting on mass media, we wouldn't notice a thing about it.

You probably would not, but that is probably because you are not directly impacted, many people are impacted. The government adverts are an attempt to reach people like you who lack awareness.

Care homes had mass deaths due to flu before and no one batted an eyelid, but change flu to covid and everyone has a melt down!

Complete horsesh1t! there have been precautions taken for years (decades) whenever there is a virulent outbreak. People have 'batted an eyelid' when mass deaths happened, you have not got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Prevention of spread in care homes is up to the care homes themselves whatever precautions they see fit. But to say pre covid times is history is hyperbole because care homes aside life is back to normal out there.

Care-homes, other health care settings, vaccine boosters...all things that are probably here to stay, were not here pre-covid (before 2020). I am saying pre-covid is the past, we are now in the present, you seem to think I am implying we must live like we did during the worst of Covid? I am not saying that. I am saying that the world has changed, not by that much for most people as I have pointed out. How you are getting hyperbole from that I do not know.

Post number 39 in this thread https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/120335228/#Comment_120335228, about an hour and a half ago you said I was talking nonsense. But you can't seem to back that up at all, feels like you don't like what I said so you resorted to a smiley-face because you don't have a valid argument?

I'm not too bothered about discussing anything with you if I'm honest, I don't care for any argument you may post.

You're too pro-restrictions* for my liking, and I suspect that I'm too free and easy for your liking, so there's no middle ground as it were, we'll just go around in circles.

I want every vestige of covid erased from life, just like it has been removed from the statute books. I'll never, ever, see your point of view on covid, masks, etc., no matter how many stats you present.

I posted in this thread to let the OP that there was no longer such a thing as a "close contact", simple as that.

*restrictions are anything that the government introduced in response to the pandemic, things that didn't exist in 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Eh, masks?

This thread isn't even about masks. I don't think you understand.

Not too bothered to discuss it but bothered enough to make your powerful smiley-face responses, lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mykrodot

they want you to order a test kit and pay by credit card while you're at it. Scam!

Advertisement