Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOMO €15 plan now includes 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks very much for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

For work I often need to make calls to UK and Sweden by phone (if internet wigs out on Zoom, Teams or whatever). I also have family up north with UK numbers who get called often.

I use the VF package with unlimited international minutes to select countries (its 40 or 45 a month) - is there a way to get a sizeable amount of intl minutes with Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I use WhatsApp for international calls... No charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Skype is another option as well.

If you have Office 365 you get 60 free Skype minutes per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Using Yola is another option. You make the call via the Yolla app, it uses your data/wifi connection and makes what the recipient thinks is a regular call as it comes through as a regular call and your number. They have the cheapest rates around as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Are The Canary Islands considered to be in the EU for roaming purposes?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

They are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

From - https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/gomo_pricing-1.pdf

Looks like there are no additional charges to calling EEA countries from Ireland. No harm to drop support a line to confirm.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

Northern Ireland calls are included if you use the 048 dialling code instead of 00 44 28.

Calls to the UK and Sweden cost 23.37c per minute. There is no bulk package for those.

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/gomo_pricing-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

does that also applied to northern Irish mobiles - I'm guessing just landlines based on what you've said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Sorry for being confused. Are we covered for 14GB or 120GB when we are in the EEA. The terms and conditions say... 6.6   You can use your domestic data allowance in the Republic of Ireland and also in the EU (within the EEA zone countries) subject to fair use. To see the fair use limit applied to the SIM Only Service and all out of bundle rates please visit our website. No carryover of unused allowance is permitted. EEA Roaming fair use allowance is calculated in line with Regulation (EU) No 531/2012 (as amended) and data wholesale roaming price caps. Where the domestic data allowance has not been fully consumed but the fair use allowance has been fully consumed, a surcharge rate as set out at our website will apply until the domestic allowance has been fully consumed. Standard domestic rates apply thereafter; see our website for further information.

But elsewhere they state EU Roaming, Calls, Texts & 14GB Data. . A contradiction or am I misinterpreting?

Post edited by Kalyke on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

14GB comes out of your 120GB. If you only had 5 GB left when you went roaming, then you would only have 5 GB of free roaming data.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tandcapply

Did anyone on the old 10Eur for life deal, added an additional sim for the 15Euro?

Does it affect the existing deal?

Also, if you are to remove the additional at a later stage, any impact of existing?

I've 2 sims on the 10Euro per month deal which I like to keep but instead of a new account, rather add the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭in2dark

I have a 10 a month for mulyself, added son for 15 a month. Each month i pay 25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Has anyone experience of using Gomo in a router?

How is it and is there much configuration?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭POBox19

Yes, great. TP Link Archer MR600, plug in the SIM and switch it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TonySpokes

Can anyone tell me what they throttle your speeds to if you exceed the 120gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Regarding "Looks like there are no additional charges to calling EEA countries from Ireland.".... I don't think that's correct.

If you're in Ireland and on GOMO... when you call UK, EEA or any non-Irish regular landline/mobile number... I'm fairly sure you'll get charged!

But if you are in the EEA, you can call any Irish regular landline or mobile number... and it's no charge (unless you have exceeded your ~45,000 mins that month). And if the Irish mobile number happens to also be standing beside you... that's still no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Croohur1

Do you use the Gomo SIM as youre WiFi or is it a back up to a standard wired modem? The reason I ask, I am in a rural area and the broadband constantly drops out. We have a SIM dongle as back up, but there is always loss of picture quality while streaming or complete loss of picture on a regular basis as the SIM dongle isnt strong enough for a decent download speed. The download speeds on our GoMo SIMs on our phones though are much faster than either the WiFi or the dongle that we pay a stupid amount for each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭POBox19

Yes, using GoMo in the TP Link for internet. We used the phone as a hotspot for a while and that worked ok too. Wouldn't bother with those dongle yokes, I'd use a 4G mobile, or 5G probably even better if there is coverage in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I've a €9.99 SIM in my phone & the one in the router has been upgraded to 5G so €14.99. Speeds in Cork city have improved a lot since last year, it's normally over 300 Mbps now & sometimes a lot higher. See this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Automan

Anytime I go over the 120GB limit they throttle me to a max of 5 Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TonySpokes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

How's the speeds that people are finding on GOMO? Out and abouts on my iPhone 15 pro max, the download speeds are great - Upwards of 650 Mbps I've noticed. Upload speed wise, it's not uncommon to see in the range of 6 Mbps (Though I've seen as fast as 60 Mbps)

Is this a restriction that Eir have in place with this particular MVNO? Any particular settings I've to enable with the iPhone? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

That was my best speedtest on GoMo, got it near Clontarf Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm checking on behalf of somebody who has moved here, Gomo seems to be the best option for them. It seems 48 don't offer roaming in their home country, but Gomo do. I see Lyca have a €10 deal, but it goes to €20 after a year.

I'm with Gomo myself and very pleased. I got the €10 deal years ago.

Is there any refer a friend thing for Gomo these days or it's just €15 and that's the set price for any new signs up?

I also see on their homepage they say 16GB EU roaming, but on their plan page, it says 14GB🤔

Also out of curiosity, if somebody got a sim from 48 or Gomo before they raised their prices, and it was never activated, would it be the lower price when activated, or the current pricing I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

GoMo is €15. That's it - no deals, offers or referrals.

If you activate an unused SIM it will be current pricing. SIM may not even work. I found an old one recently (48) and it was unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Impressive. Just don't do too many, it'll take a bite out of your data allowence for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I didn't stay with them anyway, cancelled it about a week ago. Coverage was too poor at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭extrafluff

Hey all. Did anyone have any issues porting to GoMo? I was with 3 (well, still am) but my number showed as being with Tesco when I signed up which is strange as I've never been a Tesco customer. Logged a ticket with them going on 2 weeks now but they've no update. They did credit my account as my first bill was issued though. Wondering did anyone have similar issues?

Advertisement