Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight loss

Options
  • 28-02-2023 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

What is the best way to lose weight quickly like in say 2 months. I put on weight from drinking and have no appetite anymore ! Would eating feck all ( say a bit of fruit and crackers ) or nothing and drinking water be the best way ??? I only eat 1 meal a day and I'm never even hungry. Sometimes I eat a breakfast just for my digestive I eat a bit of porridge oats maybe an egg and toast. If I don't have a breakfast I only eat my dinner and that's all I eat for the whole day and night.

Post edited by Pawwed Rig on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Tl;dr - there is no fast way

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭STEE

What if I just drink water dont eat anything until my appetite comes back and stay of the drink for a month or two while I'm not eating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

As above, there is a limited amount of bodyfat you can metabolise in a day. Eating noting with exceed that. You'll still need the energy, so the short fall will be made up by catabolising muscle tissue for protein and energy, and downregulating basic bodily functions and every.

You didn't put on weight from drinking, it was from consuming too much. And if you've been surviving on one meal a day for any length of time, you shoudn't have ben gaining weight. I think assessing your diet more accurately would be a better first step

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Yes, that.

I cut out all themstuffnwith added sugars, no more jams, honey or maple syrup, and bread, rice, noodles, pasta. No more beer either. I used to drink a lot of wine, and beer and eat all of the above regularly, daily in fact, and in 7 weeks I have lost 16-18 lbs. Apart from my belly shrinking, I feel a lot better, my mind is sharper, and am less prone to fatigue, my digestion is better.

I am not advocating this for everyone, Imam a gourmand, so I like to eat big enough portions, but am only eating two meals a day, the keto diet way. I eat avocadoes and blueberry for fruit fix and maybe one clementine in the morning before breakfast. The keto diet is about eating few carbs, less than 50 grams daily, and fasting long enough between supper and breakfast to experience ketosis, which means that you are burning your fat in spite of eating fat foods, because carbs|sugars don"t get in the way of burning calories that are harder to assimilate. I may not be expressing this well, but there are plenty of sources on the web to explore this subject. It works for me, it might work for others, is all I am suggesting here…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod note

I would suggest you go and see a GP

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement