Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My rôle given away & demoted

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭deirdremf

I'd look into the WRC side of things, just to be informed, but definitely not say anything about this at work. It's not as if there is any need to set a case in motion at this stage, but the speed the boss reacted makes it look like a fairly dodgy situation. The way her skills were taken advantage of - and now dispensed with - also make it look like a very informal worklace.

OP, if you do take a case to the WRC you'll never work there again, the atmosphere would be pure poison. So make sure you know where you want to end up before making any actual move!

OP will probably end up fully managing a hair salon, with the range & versatility of experience. Put it all on your LinkedIn.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Best team environment ever, but in your own words your colleagues are doing "menial sh*t " ? Some teams you must be used to.

I'd say your manager has realised the advantages of having someone with accounts and admin skills in the business and decided to make it official. There's nothing to stop you from applying to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,204 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WonderousWorld

Because, I’m capable of significantly more and am both qualified & certified with a decade of admin experience which none of the other staff have. I don’t want to be doing so much less than my capabilities. I’d rather be at home than bored. But I can’t afford to do that… bills y’know? 🤷‍♀️ @Mrs OBumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you're having difficulty finding a job which uses your certs/quals, maybe you should consider self-employment? In many areas, there is a living to be made doing accounting work for small businesses that cannot justify a full-time accounting technician (or don't even know that's what they're called).

That would give you more control over your hours, give you interesting work to do and get you a decent hourly rate.

Advertisement