Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaleidoscope 2023

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

When do tickets for Kaleidoscope usually go on sale? Would love to bring the kids but I always end up late to the party...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Himselfe

Turns out you can't leave your car beside a trailer tent or caravan (at least at Kaleidoscope) and must move it to a designated carpark area after you've set up, which was at the top of the field. The fire marshals were out in force insisting on it. It was straight forward getting your car back up though, very well organised series of 'roads' between rows of campers, caravans and trailer tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The lad assisting with parking asked us to do that, but to be honest, I forgot on Friday and nothing was said for the whole weekend! We were very close to the car park so wouldn't have been a hassle if I did move it, but strange to do that as it meant more cars moving around the site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭Patser

Forgot to mention how great Jerry Fish was on Saturday- full stage of circus performers, pirates, faries, lasers - 100% highlight for kids

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Sounds like this year went great. For attendees with teenagers, how well catered for were they? Much apart from music they’re into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

was there early bird tickets this year?

ended up getting day tickets the day before for €90 a pop after fees but heard off someone else that they paid €70

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jellybeano

We didn’t go this year, so can only comment on last year. My memory is that our teens spent all weekend at the fun fair. Only met up with them when they needed money/ food 😂 or to watch Dec Pierce and KKC. Not much else on for them unless you pre-booked archery or the likes.

First announcement out today. https://www.kaleidoscopefestival.ie/lineup/

Very happy with Waterboys, Dec Pierce is good for an hour, Kooks were good in 2006 but no interest in Lyra.

Hopefully a little more over the coming months, but kids already looking forward to it for the non music stuff

King Kong Company getting a late night slot, that doesn't actaully clash with a headliner is welcome.

Dec Pierce in 2022 was perfect Friday night, full of energy fodder - much, much better than B-Witched anyway.

Waterboys and Kooks have good pedigree.

As far as an initial announcement goes, that's not too bad by Kaleidoscope

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Will wait to see if they are going to have a proper main stage this year before buying my ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Tent not good as main stage? What did you not like? Haven't been since tent was put up

Tent was much better IMO, especially with the rain on Friday. No wind, better atmosphere, better lights, dry ground for kids to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

That was my thoughts, that'd it be easier on the kids.

I agree as well, when I 1st seen tent mentioned I was sceptical last year but it was so big that it ended up being perfect - especially given the unpredicatable weather - on given the option of the mudbath that Divine Comedy ended up being (or torrential washout for James in 2022) - much much better.

Only time I sen it really crowded was Nile Rogers, and staff were telling everyone frim early on that picnic blankets and buggies etc wouldn't be allowed near front

They were telling people chairs etc were not allowed at all.

IMO a festival should have both outdoor and tents. There were a few reasons I didn't like the mainstage tent last summer:

• Too dark / noisy. My kids weren't as happy hanging out there as at the main stage previous year
    • Harder to see the stage in the tent
    • Site was too compact - there was no escaping the fun-fair

Nobody like rain but it's not like it lashed all weekend.

The previous year it pretty much did, except for the Friday night.

Although I do agree that the site was very squashed this year. Where the Main stage used to be was meant to a glamping camp site I think, but looked empty. Plenty of room to move 2 tents back up towards house a little and leave Fun Fair a little seperated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looking into going to this year's. We've never been as a family. Are you allowed on off the site if needed?

Yes, no issues with leaving the site afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Are day tickets only available for Sunday? I’m assuming it’s still cheaper to buy the early bird weekend ticket at the moment than to wait for the day tickets to go on sale. IIRC the day tickets last year were around €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

Also wondering about day pass

I don't see anywhere to buy day pass, right now its just early bird camping available?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Does anyone happen to have the codes (if they're generic) to unlock the discounted prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

anyone even know what these codes are? looking too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭Fanirish

they are unique codes for promoters friends/families

• Registered Users Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Keep an eye on Ticketmaster as there's resale tickets coming up at a discount. For example, at the moment there's 4 weekend camping at €60 instead of €70 each

Advertisement