Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Fanning leaving 2fm and moving to RTE Gold

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

8Radio.com was set up by Phantom's original founder Simon Maher in 2013. He had been let go from Phantom by Communicorp in 2011 not too long after they got a major shareholding in the station. Phantom was relaunched as TXFM during the spring of 2014. 8Radio had a number of temporary license runs before TXFM called it a day in October 2016. It is a great option to have, particularly with their enthusiastic music-loving presenters.

I rang 2FM one Friday evening when Dave was presenting. It was a rare enough occasion for me to be listening to 2FM at that stage (it had to be in the last 10 years I think). I got through to Dave and I was on the air! He was looking for examples of songs where the music contradicted the mood of the lyrics. I contrasted the happy music, written by Johnny Marr, of The Smiths' Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now with Morrissey's lyrics! Dave said - "Come on, this is Morrissey we are talking about"!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I remember a few weeks ago he was talking about Ozzy cancelling his tour and said 'My producer is telling me to talk about Sharon, forget Sharon it's all about Sabbath'

I really enjoyed the weekend show and will miss it, no interest what is taking his place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Did dave mention on-air that it was his final 2FM show a few weekends ago ?

No, I doubt he even knew it was going to be his last show.

Advertisement