Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hive with oil boiler

Options
  • 02-02-2023 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, I had signed up for the bord gais hive deal but was just told it wouldn't work/wasn't available with an oil boiler.

I was under the impressive an oil boiler would work just fine, maybe the deal just doesn't cover oil.

Before I go and buy one myself and find someone to install it, would like to double check that yes it does indeed work with a oil boiler?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

So can turn on heating from comfort of the sofa, and have a proper schedule in place, and voice over-ride when necessary...

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

Have a Hive hub which connects to Hive over internet (via ethernet), a Receiver (in the oil shed) which talks to the Thermostat in the house and is hooked up to Alexa (so can turn on / off via voice, up and down the temperature) and also to Home Assistant for more control / automations. Obviously can set up schedules etc. Can set it up yourself, plenty of YouTube videos, usual disclaimer re. electrical hook up... Works great, considering it replaced an ancient mechanical clock / switch, which used to mean going out to shed to switch on/off...

I know in UK Hive & British Gas are owned by parent company Centrica, so hence installing Hives on Gas boilers...

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

I just installed one "Heating and Hot Water" version to a conventional Firebird Kero Boiler, with gravity fed Hot Water. Works no issues and install easy when you know, great advised from user  deezell on this thread

Advertisement