Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical officer customs 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Darrenv25

honestly wouldn’t have any idea about that.

this is all I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 emcfarl

Is your OOM nationwide or just Dublin location.

Is the OOM you receive inclusive of all the regions or the one you chose initially

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

I'm pretty sure it's for the region you choose initially.

If you are rostered off on a bank holiday do you get a day in Lieu

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 v_groo

Hi, anyone who passed interview and done stage 1 verification process have been email to do stage 2 verification process? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cassie23

Just wondering if anyone knows how many people have been called for interviews so far?

For anyone who has started yet how is the training and have you found out your assigned posts yet?

was due to start on 3rd July but pushed back to September due to holidays and contract issues

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭billyhead

Was this for Dublin and if so what number where you after stage 1?

Yes Dublin,

was 235 oom,

received contract for start date 3rd July but I didn’t sign it as they were still process my application to carry public sector service and pay over that was approved on 27th June and have been given a start date for September now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CW2022

@Darrenv25 hi can you explain how you got your service transferred? Thanks

I applied for credit by emailing the address at bottom of the contract,

they need your current HR. details to verify

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cassie23

Is the Dublin Panel the only one that is recruiting at the moment or has anyone been called for the other Panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 agis80

Hi, did anyone here have their interview last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

If you are rostered to work on a Bank Holiday you get a day in lieu. If you are rostered to be off you get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tio07

Not correct, you will get a day in lieu if your rostered off and you get what’s called a single time premium which you claim for the hours you work on the bank holiday and the same applies also if you work on a Sunday

Just to clarify my answer is in relation to shift premium, if it’s allowanced it’s a day in lieu for bank holiday if worked but generally allowanced staff wouldn’t tend to work bank holidays so would just have a four day week.

Just to clarify my answer is in relation to shift premium, if it’s allowanced it’s a day in lieu for bank holiday if worked but generally allowanced staff wouldn’t tend to work bank holidays so would just have a four day week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 john.bl

Hi, public jobs sent me a message yesterday evening about stage 2 interview from an application to customs back in march and only gives me until Monday to decide, does anyone know why has it taken so long from the assessment and should I be worried that there is a serious over turn of staff in customs? Some feed back would be appreciated

I wouldn’t think too much into it,

I had my interview in April and start next week, it’s a long process and a lot of people who applied in march would have moved on from it at this stage either found something else or no longer interested.

I was suppose to start in July but deferred it and next training was September so it also depends how many they can get through

Thanks Darren appreciate you're feedback,

One of my thoughts as I work within the civil service was a long drawn out process so I'm happy to wait it out.

Could you tell me is the stage 2 interview the last or do they do a stage 3?

Next step if your successful is you keep your order of merit number, once your number is up you start stage 1 verification,

-Garda Vetting

-Written reference (headed paper) covering previous 12 months

-health and character declaration

-copy of passport or birth cert

after that is stage 2 , which is just a contract and assignment letter with start date

Super stuff thanks for the info and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭64869923

Darren, have you heard about the shifts patterns work? I also heard from a colleague that overtime is expected but not paid. I would say I'd enjoy customs but I'm not working for free. Out of curiosity did you get to ask questions about the role at the end of your interview?

Did you read the info leaflet that comes with the application form? Do you know what role you are ACTUALLY applying for.

If you are going for a shift pattern role, you get paid for overtime. If not this is detailed in the T&Cs

If you are applying for an ALLOWANCED position, there is no overtime, that's what the allowance is to cover. You can work up to 60 hrs a week. (Normal working week 35 hours). You get subsistence payment if you are more than 7km from your normal place of work for more than 5 hours,10 hours or overnight..

Of course you get paid for overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 agis80

Hi John.bl, what is your selected location? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi,

Sorry only seeing this now it's Dublin

Advertisement