Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Range Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I find consistently that the EV database is 120% of what I receive in reality, FWIW.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

The availability of fast chargers (150kW+) needs to be drastically improved.

Ideally you want to charge at the optimal state of charge, but if you are on a long journey this may not be possible. You take a charge where you can get it. Take for example Dublin to Limerick. Your options for fast charging are Ionity Jill (Which is quite close to Dublin) and J14 (**** show). Next available is Portlaoise with 1 fast charger. Then after that you only have double 50kW units at Barrak Obama and Birdhill. The M8 to cork is better served with fast chargers in Cashel and Fermoy. Every motorway service station should have a bank of chargers like J14 (only maintained and working)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭eagerv

That would back up what the missus says, that her Ioniq 5 is 25-30% less efficient than her previous classic 28kWh.

Had a longer run today without charging in my March 2022 Model 3 LFP RWD. From home west Co Wexford to Cork, a bit in the city, then home again. So wind, altitude etc cancelled out. Roads dry, almost no sun and temperatures probably about average for a southern winters day at between 7 and 11C. Started at 100%, did not preheat and kept to speedlimits mainly at 100km/h or a bit slower when in traffic queues, which were lengthy at times.

304kms total, car said I would arrive home with 32% when leaving Cork, actual was 30%. I did stop for a cuppa though, which probably used up a little with sentry on for about 10 mins. If my maths is correct, this would give a theoretical range to zero of 434kms, I don't think my buffer is as big as others have mentioned; however this car really amazes me with its efficiency in the right conditions..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Funny how efficiency has basically gone out the window in the past couple of years. Imagine the range you'd get with a 77kWh battery and Ioniq 28 efficiency

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Yea, but in her case only about 13 to 16.5kWh/100km. Still very inexpensive on our present 8c night rate..

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Mind me asking what wheel size you have. Struggled to get 250km in cold and nowhere near 320km in winter…saying that love the car soooooo much

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

decent range/efficiency comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

18" wheels unfortunately, but agree, such a great car

A bit late in replying 😊, but that is what they are hoping (or close enough) with the new Ioniq 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

Ioniq 5 58kwh

Just passed it's one year birthday.

11k km

Average overall 16.9 kwh/100km

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Dublin and back in a day, got a bit of a charge at the podpoint in dundrum, topped up to 73% at knocklyon, lost my nerve in Monaghan on the way home and stopped for 10 minutes (and got 75kw on the Niro)

Oh 201 Niro..

Advertisement