Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭emo72

I thought travellers were all for inclusivity and equality? I thought that would be an ideal location?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

There’s no point in complaining, we’ll have to find accommodation for those who travelled thousands of miles to get to a remote island on the west of Europe . Let’s start building all those houses for them. If we try and stop them coming the EU will move all the MNCS according to one poster.

Funny thing is if the EU do decide to change our tax laws so all our MNCs move to a more favourable tax country then we won’t have to income to support all those immigrants, how does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭DaithiMa

I'd say you might be surprised. In the long term such a policy would almost certainly discourage bogus asylum seekers from coming here and it would be preferable to paying 627 million a year to hotel owners to house them.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

The idea that the EU would prevent the State from implementing immigration policy compliant with EU law and consistent with the direction of EU policy on the issue by leveraging bloc-wide tax reform measures unpopular with multiple EU Member States is certainly an interesting one…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

I'm sorry but they are aspirational and they are not within our own power — this does not make them impossible, nor does the acknowldgement of the difficulty of achieving them equate to "capitulation". You talk as if I don't advocate international migration agreements, when you need only go back through my posts to see that I do. But they require things that we cannot fully control — the lasting co-operation and conformity by the counterparty country. Deals won't always work out as things change — wars and disasters occur, economies crumble, the other country reneges on its bargains, our neighbouring countries don't co-operate with us — and all manner of other things.

This is part of the reason there will never be a definitive solution. There will only ever be measures of varying effectiveness — and there is going to be lots of failure. That doesn't mean we capitulate — it means we stay realistic in order to refine and reform approaches when we can, in ways that can be done. Call it deluded rationale if you want. If you wish to convince yourself that there is a realistic future that doesn't involve some degree of acceptance that there will be surges in illegal migration and refugee numbers from time to time — then I can assure you that you will spend the rest of your life waiting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭suvigirl

We take refugees from camps in Turkey through the IRPP.

That still doesn't stop AS from claiming asylum wherever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the government aren't outbidding tax payers to house free loaders over all.

some free loaders may be housed but it's cheaper in the long run.

whatever the government does will be interference in the market, so in the absence of any plan to build social housing for which some would whinge and whine about it if they did start doing it, i'm afraid this is the only way.

buying up housing stock, and anyway someone else outbidding someone is the same result anyway.

prices will only calm with a flood of housing.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

So you’re ok with the government outbidding private buyers for scarce housing stock?

You do know this has been going on for years? Why are posters acting like this is a new policy. Councils have been outbidding private buyers for years. Where was the outrage then…..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭tom23

Because then it was for social housing. Now it’s for IPA’s which makes social housing numbers available smaller. I think these should be reserved for people on housing list etc and not IPA’s.

I’ll know you come back and ask me why not IPA’s do they not dersrve to be housed et ? They do, but not in houses that we need for people on housing lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭thomas 123

no . If the government want social housing they should build cheap social housing en masse - not put social housing amongst regular housing for “social cohesion” for the dregs of society to use. Don’t get me wrong, By all means do that for the disabled who deserve the best. for those there by choice (or poor life choices) they do not deserve what someone else has had to sacrifice to attain and continue to sacrifice to maintain.

The country is a joke now - do less, get more. Or now… turn up, get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

But are they legitimately supposed to be putting up these tents anywhere round Dublin? If not this is Joseph Heller/Kurt Vonnegut-level insanity…

• Registered Users Posts: 38 boredyooser

Well, he did promise " Own Door Accommodation " is his 16 languages social media announcement. Be nice if Rodders could share his own door with a few of the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

The majority of asylum seekers in the State are thought to have engaged in secondary movement from the EU, in that respect at least, Mohamed Mohamud Mohamed is representative of the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭mikethecop

lol you watched that whole 4 hour interview in just 35 mins did you ?

knowledge would improve your understanding rather than just parroting what some leftist one said

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So our taxes were used to pay for tents then two days later our taxes were used to scoop them up and dump them . Charming

realistically it's unlikely as it's still better then wherever they came from.

also, only assylum seekers determined by the authorities to be bogus after hearing their case and looking over the evidence, are bogus.

the payments to hotel owners would work out cheaper then australia's indefinite detention policy.

Post edited by end of the road on

I don't need to watch that video now thanks, I am well educated in Enoch and what he said and what he did. I don't need further understanding because I understand very well.

Please don't be insulting me, insinuating that I am uneducated or reliant on anyone else for my own opinions.

• Advertisement

no hense i support a social housing building program.

however until this is done then anyone has the ability to bid for housing whether it be government or whoever regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.

in relation to post 20477.

it's not a historical document at all or anything credible in any way.

it's just the discredited debunked ramblings of a discredited debunked racist degenerate.

britain's issues are down to a failed government of a failed political ideology continuing the destructive policies they started in 1979.

turning down freely offered information and knowledge on a topic that you claim to know enough about is not a logical position ,

if you feel insulted thats on you , not having all the information is a fairly good definition of being uneducated.

i recommend you watch it and seek out more information , what do you have to lose but your ignorance on the subject ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 boredyooser

Can you give examples please.

Please could you point out in the excerpts from I gave from Enoch Powell's speech given in 1968 where he was proved to be wrong in his forecasts.

He had remarkable foresight. The strain on public services. The despair of the indiginous population who now wish to emigrate from their ancestral homeland. The fact that certain groups of immigrant originn have indeed organised to continue their rivalries and exert dominance over their historical " enemies ". The favouritsm shown and blind eyes turned by the media and authorities to the Pakiastani Muslim gangs raping white British girls. Sectarianism along racial and religious lines, as the UK council elections starkly showed last week. It's only just starting. It's only been 56 years, give the UK another 56 years.

in relation to post 20478.

cheap social housing on mass was tried and it failed, in the uk for example it lead to poor construction methods and across both the UK and ireland it lead to ghetoisation which played a big part in causing the social problems that exist today in those areas.
    dispite this however, the fact is the vast vast majority from those areas and who grew up there are decent and work dispite what they had to contend with.
    mixing people is the only option and only way so as to remove the sense of entitlement and bring about cohesion.
    where someone is engaging in criminal behaviour and anti-social behaviour then they should be dealt with appropriately but mixing social and mortgaged housing is the correct policy so as to force people to live together and remove the sense of entitlement some mortgage holders have.
    no the country does work on the principal of do more get more and the turn up get more is a myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭downtheroad

If residents apply for social housing, are there minimum requirements for the number of bedrooms based on the number of people being accommodated?

However for asylum seekers it's now acceptable to pile 12 of them into one house?

Wait for some do-gooder to challenge the state on this, and each asylum seekers then being "entitled" to individual accommodation.

Why would you think I need more information? You are not aware of my knowledge on any subject, particularly this one. I don't have any ignorance on the subject. I didn't say I was insulted, I asked you not to insult me.

Perhaps you don't see the arrogance in your post and the patronising way you are responding to me, but when I tell you that I am educated in Enoch and I know all I need to know, them just take that as final, Thanks.

how could less information be a good thing ? is that not how humans learn ,rather than just accepting what ome one else tells you

factual information and first hand accounts are hardly a threat to you "understanding " of a subject ?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sunjava

😂 Enoch's farts had more integrity and made more sense than some of garbage logic that is applied in our current day...like others I suggest you read up before dismissing him as a racist so foolishly...but perhaps we are what we are.

• Advertisement

As I said, you have no idea of my knowledge on any subject and definitely not this one.

Oh and not accepting what someone else tells you? Ironic no?

Advertisement