Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭chuchuchu

Importing new social norms https://archive.ph/Zg0Vw

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭whatever.

I'll draw your attention to the following

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8330751/

The security of the state is the primary objective of any government and that extends to the people who make up the state

The above is what happens when this primary objective is disregarded

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭whatever.

Please read the primary legislation rather than commenting from a position of inscience

Concentrate on the difference between possesion and action

Please refrain from referring to me in sexist language yet again or more subversivly as an invading and murdering people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Augme

It's total number. You do accept for the safety and protection of women in Ireland that it is much more important for Irish men to attend consent classes than asylum seekers?

The irony of your sentence and the follow up post.

Firearms and Offensive Weapons Act 1990 section 9

9.—(1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), where a person has with him in any public place any knife or any other article which has a blade or which is sharply pointed, he shall be guilty of an offence

Hang-on, i thought legal immigration was fine? I've constantly seen people in this thread giving out about asylum seekers and People who come here legally to work thrown in together and people here aren't "anti-immigration".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭creeper1

They could be Palestinians but there's a lot of fraud going on.

I believe the Palestinians that have made it to Ireland were already living in another country such as Jordan for years before deciding to give Ireland a try.

I guess the Israeli s would welcome a movement of Palestinians from Gaza. Indeed some of their politicians already indicated this (they made statements about that in very impolite terms). It would be a win win for both Palestinians and Israelis.

The only loser would be the usual loser - the Irish tax payer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭star61

I don’t think the original poster mentioned classes about consent. You went off on a tangent and changed the narrative. Then you focused on only one nationality & sex….Irish Men. Why is that? Do you think that Irish Men have a higher propensity to commit sexual assault than most other nationalities….in Ireland. What are you basing this on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Nothing in this post proves anything to be false in my post. You clearly didn't read the legislation if you cannot understand how it is illegal to have a knife at a protest. Hand yourself in for knives in the kitchen 😂😂

'Local and living local are two different things'

Correct, why would anyone who does not live locally have any issues? Not that I believe there are any issues for locals anyway.

If, as you say, the provision for protest is set out in legislation, you shall have no problem linking it here then........... ...

I'm sorry, but your last paragraph is too funny. The people generating the protest are the people taking part in the protest. No one else.

Seriously?

Unfortunately it is clear I do have to explain.

Gardai issue legal directions under various pieces of legislation, the public order act, for example. Failure to comply is an offence.

In order for the nonsense question to make any sense can you can point out the legislation that covers IPAs living in DP centers and the section that refers to members of AGS having the legal authority to direct them to move please.......

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1994/act/2/section/8/enacted/en/html#sec8

You are failing to read my posts.

Gardai can, by law, use reasonable force in the course of their duty, if what they do is deemed to be unreasonable, then they face the legal implications of that. Same as everybody else in the country.

Now you may think a Garda pushing someone out of the way is some massive breach of international human rights, I can assure you it is not.

You must be devastated at civilians being shot perfectly legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Augme

In ireland, Irish men commit more sexual assualts than women. In Ireland, Irish men commit more sexual assualt than asylum seekers. So, since Irish men are responsible for more sexual assualts than both of those cohorts the impact of Irish men attending consent classes would be great on the total number of sexual assaults in Ireland.

I never said Irish men have a higher propensity to commit sexual assualt compared to other nationalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Yes, might be Palestinian refugees already refugeeing in another country. But what about Palestinian refugees anyway - what do we know about them over the years of this conflict ?where do they seek refuge and how do they behave as refugees ?

I decided to have a look. Below is a snapshot of Palestinian refugees refugeeing over the years. - im not gonna write a book about em. I apologize in advance for the length but I think it is necessary - when possible - to know about whom we are inviting in to stay with us, possibly forever. The Irish government will not tell us. They will simply dump them in your village and sanction the Gardai to use violence to deal with any protests

so, who are Palestinian refugees and why does nobody, i mean Nobody, including their muslim brothers and sisters want to give them shelter in their time of need ? .. (nobody except of course for us, the ever ready wonderful Irish taxpayer, or at least the Irish government will invite them in on our behalf)

After the 6 day war (1967), Israel occupied the west bank and Palestinians relocated to Jordan. From there, they started to launch attacks on Israel with the help of the Jordanian army. The PLO meanwhile grew apace.

Then in 1970, in gratitude for being gifted asylum by King Hussein of Jordan, they tried to overthrow him.

They began running a parallel state in Jordan in defiance of Hussein and tried to assassinate the man. Hussein, aware of wider Arab support for plo, tread warily, but when the plo hijacked and blew up 3 civilian planes, Hussein had enough and defeated and ejected same Palestinians.

Their next port of call was Lebanon, until now a peaceful liberal M East country with diverse populations of Druze, Sunni, Shia and Maronite Christians living contentedly side by side.

All that changed with the arrival of the Palestinians. Their arrival tilted the demographics in favor of muslims and led to a 15 yr long civil war between the Maromite Christians and the newly arrived Palestinians .. 150,000 people died in the conflict and there was a mass exodus of Lebanese Christians from the country. So far, so good to form. The Lebanese army were finally able to kick them out after the battle of Sidon, 1991.

When Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990, plo's Yasser arafat gave his full support. This seriously pissed off the other gulf states who had sheltered and supported the Palestinians in their hour of need and rightly felt stabbed in the back.

Lols .. they just do not wanna play ball, do they

And Egypt is reluctant to take in Palestinian refugees simply because they cannot trust them not to join forces with the muslim brotherhood and seek to overthrow Sisi's government. Where'd he get that idea from ?

I guess one positive when they come over to Ireland is that they might try to overthrow our treasonous Irish government. Turf em out on their ear

Then we could launch missiles at Israel from Dublin bay over barbies on the weekends ..

even have Mick Flatley and the Riverdance crew (live) dancin up a storm just like in that Israeli video.

This is what the Irish taxpayer wants. We just don't know it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Have you mentioned to your male colleagues and friends that you believe society would benefit if all Irish males were sent to consent classes?

That you believe there’s no difference in the way Irish men view women compared to say Afghan or Somalia men?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭star61

Irish Men make up the majority of men living in Ireland. Is this why that is the case?
    The government is doing a lot around consent classes in the secondary schools at the moment.
    Hopefully they are beneficial and it will decrease the number’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I know how social media works. You still have any proof of the claims other in your own words that they might have had an effect. That means you acknowledge they might not and there is no direct proof.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Will0483

At least you are aware of that fact. Gender is by far the biggest predictor of crime. The other two factors are age and ethnicity. A large number of economic migrants that have arrived would do badly in all three categories.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭engineerws

It appears you are deliberately refusing to answer my question. I'll try again, if a Garda directed a refugee to leave ipas accommodation, should they leave?

Don't be silly. We can't expect our precious uninvited guests to obey our weak laws. They only apply to you and I.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I ask again: So with none of us having exact proof of who is right I guess you will just have to ask which is more likely. Tweets in multiple languages from a blue tick government official on a platform designed to push information to people having a wide reach? Or tweets in multiple languages from a blue tick government official on a platform designed to push to information to people sinking without trace and only been seen by gript?

Sweden foolishly allowed almost unlimited mass migration from the Middle East and North Africa and has inevitably suffered the consequences. Ireland will too if we persist in this madness.

“The journal Forensic Sciences Research, published a paper on “Swedish rape offenders”, in which they analyze the characteristics of individuals between 15-60 years old who were convicted of “rape+” against women in Sweden between 2000 and 2015. The term “rape+” here refers to both acts of rape and attempted rape, including aggravated cases.

The researchers found that, within that time-frame, a total of 3,039 offenders were convicted of rape+ against a woman in Sweden — nearly all of whom (99.7%) were men. According to the researchers, Swedish-born offenders with Swedish-born parents accounted for 40.8% of the offenders. But, strikingly, almost half of the offenders were born outside of Sweden (47.7%). Of those foreign-born offenders, 34.5% were from the Middle East/North Africa, with 19.1% hailing from the rest of Africa. As a percentage of all convicted perpetrators, therefore, 16.4% were foreign-born individuals from the Middle East/North Africa, and 9.1% were foreign-born individuals from Africa (excluding North Africa).

How far does this signify over-representation? On the basis of population records kept by the official agency Statistics Sweden (SCB), approximately 20% (19.7%) of the Swedish population are foreign-born individuals. Among those convicted of rape and perpetrated rape, the foreign-born account for 47.7% of those convicted — so they are over-represented by a factor of 2.4.

Moreover, if we piece various statistics together, we find there are 565,902 foreign-born people living in Sweden who were born in North Africa and the Middle East, representing 4.9% of Sweden’s population. Yet 16.4% of those convicted of rape and attempted rape are foreign-born individuals from North Africa and the Middle East: over-representation by a factor of 3.3. And that figure rises to 4.7 when you consider all foreign-born citizens from Africa (excluding North Africa.)”

- a summary by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Research Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution, author of Prey: Immigration, Islam, and the Erosion of Women’s Rights.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349504900_Swedish_rape_offenders_-_a_latent_class_analysis

• Advertisement

How can I answer the question? If Gardai have a legal authority to direct someone to leave an area, then the person should.

Can you link to the legislation that gives that authority?

The law against tresspass which you mentioned in an earlier post.

That doesn't prove that Muslim men are more likely to commit rape!

Ah ok, which trespass law? Can you link the legislation, and which section gives legal authority to Gardai to direct a trespasser to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭prunudo

One thing that is very clear, the actions and presence of the gardai and the subsequent reporting in the media is having a serious effect on dampening the protesting numbers.

It may be our democratic right to protest but people are now afraid to do so, afraid they'll get hurt, afraid they'll get pepper sprayed, afraid they'll get arrested, afraid they'll get their names, addresses and photo's splashed across the national media and the evening news. Its amazing how we turn on our own, call them outsiders. Yet turn a blind eye and protect the identity of the true outsiders.

You seem to not understand that a vastly higher propensity to do something does not equate to millions of people.

So if 1% of a population does something criminal, we should be wary about importing a population that commits the same crime at 4 or 5%. A thousand people from that group will lead to 40 or 50 serious criminals versus 10 in the main population.

Obviously if you're unlucky enough to be a victim of one of these people, then thats cold comfort.

Nobody is accusing millions of people of being rapists, that's just you and your typical mis-representation and exaggeration.

Right so, no proof that Muslim men are more likely to rape then non Muslim men. Glad that's been sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭TokTik

Sections 8 and 13 of the Public Order Act.

8 refers to trespass and 13 refers to not following Garda instruction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Could you share the part of that paper where the authors qualify their findings please? It's been shared here before and I believe they caution quite strongly against drawing causitive conclusions.

It's also worth noting that Sweden had very low conviction rates at the time of the study, leaving upon the very real possibility that foreign born offender are simply more likely to be convicted. Imho this quite possible simply due to the very different living conditions many would face eg shared accommodation settings.

Advertisement