Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭mikethecop

and yet you refuse the opportunity to expand your knowledge

no that is not ironic , not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭suvigirl

If someone tells you that they know enough about a subject, then you respect that. Assuming that you somehow know more or better, is patronising. I don't need any more information about Enoch, I have read and watched and heared enough over my life, to be quite satisfied in my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i have reality, nearly everything i have stated has either been proven correct or proven to be different to how those i challenge claimed it would end up.
    people move in and out of areas all the time, it has been happening since man existed and will continue to happen.
    mostly mixing has brought cohesion, there will always be the few where it doesn't quite work out but mostly it has.
    powell was a discredited debunked racist with no credibility, all his claims turned out to be crap, and thus your claims about specific minorities which already had no credibility now have twice as much non-credibility.
    absolutely britain is fecked and that is because of enough of it's own people who continue to vote conservative dispite things generally always being worse under such a government, and yes local government there is a joke and personally i think it should be abolished but ultimately not my country so not my decision.
    claiming that a specific minority are all guilty of a particular thing is racist as generally that is often a tactic used to have a go at a specific minority or minorities.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

you feel patronized by me offering you more information than you already have ? strange

sort of weakens your argument when you admit that you not only dont have all the information but dont want it.

but sure i guess thats part of why the world is the way it is. maybe with maturity you ll change your point of view if you learn more 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭strathspey

What I don't understand is if 7000 deportation orders have been issued, why haven't we built a deportation centre instead of relying on these people to voluntarily leave the state. The same people who are now in the state, having been denied asylum in other EU countries could also be accommodated is said deportation centre before being shipped off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 boredyooser

People are asking you for examples. If you have read and watched enough over your life, surely you will be able to give some examples ?

As for me, I 've not only read and watched enough in my life, never mind lived experience, to know enough about immigration and the changes it has brought in London, birthrates and social housing, ( never mind crime and anti social behavior ), so after giving my knowledge of the somalian community in the UK, that you would suggest Irish women are the same. I find that quite patronising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Augme

Because deportations centres are very expensive.

The WORST thing Ireland could do is embark on any sort of house building programmed ( well2 high rise flats ).

It will not solve the issue of Irish Homelessness or the housing crisis.

More social housing will only mean more arrivals to avail of it. And they will be prioritised due to " fleeing war ", being " single mothers ", being " traumatised " by unspecified and unproved bad men and bad things, " mental health " etcetera.

The honest indigenous would remain bottom of a list that increases with folk given more priority than them. They will never get to the top of the list.

Ireland would double it's population and achieve nothing, only the destrcution of a countryside towns with high rise flats and a culture.

2 / 3 million flats would achieve nothing, only more arrivals, and degradation of what once was a pleasant society.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

Agreed, deportation centres would be a useful infrastructure investment that would facilitate broader policies of deterrence consistent with the Danish model, they would be an ideal place to accommodate asylum seekers with expedited claims from ‘safe’ countries as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nachouser

Mount St and various parts of the canal taken on my walk. It's not exactly Merrion Square. Grand to sit with a cup of coffee at lunchtime, but you'd hardly be heading to the canals with the kids for a day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Passed along the Grand Canal area earlier today, an migrant encampment is starting to build up around Baggot St. Bridge…

Whoever is leasing out all the fencing is making a fortune…

**** how bad it makes the canal look now, once an area of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,773 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This looks pretty nice. Sheltered, green scenery, passing conversations, central location. Swap my one hour commute for one 😃 only £60/€70

• Registered Users Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

What's worse is that not only is it taking an amenity away from the public, it's ineffective too. Tents are now going up behind the fencing.

You never have any statistics or proof to back up your assertions, only feelings.

Numerous studies have shown that people living in multi cultural areas or societies have greater fear and distrust rather than cohesion.

Powell had a great deal of credibility. And what he said 56 years ago has been proven to be right. Its happening right now in Irish society, the strain on services, the feeling of the young that there is no hope other than to emigrate.

I didn't just claim about specific minorities. Because there are facts, backed up by statistics. But some deluded folk will try and deny reality by screaming racism because it does not fit their utopian worldview. This line of thinking is what led to thousands of poor what British girls being raped and drugged by predominantly men of Pakistani Muslim heritage/etnicity, because nobody wanted to be called racist. In this situation, certain politicans, "anti racism groups" and sections of the media screamed down, smeared and silenced anyone who spoke up. Result ? Inaction for two decades and thousands of girls raped, some of whom were not even born when the issue was inittally raised by local MPs and a Channel 4 documentary they tried to ban. What a lot of people don't realise. is one of the first groups of people to try and raise awareness were Indians, because they knew it happened in their homeland. An organisation called Nisham SWAT set up a community group and patrolled Southall in West London to try and keep their young women safe. Were they racist ?

The ultimate racism is this deluded belief in Irish superiority. That what happened in Britain will not happen here. Because the Irish are " nicer " and have no exploitative colonial history. Incomers will respond to the warm Irish, and will behave differently in Ireland because of how the Irish treat them. That Ireland will get a better, superior class of new comers.

Enoch Powell was in many ways right with his predictions. That's why his speech is Verbotten. Ireland has looked across the water for decades and said " it won't happen here " because we are nicer than the brits. Well it's coming, and people can either stick their heads in the sand, or learn lessons from history. Powell was right about the UK, and 56 years from now people in Ireland will read his words and wonder why nobody considered what he had to say.

It's mad to see the migrant camp on one side and about 25 metres further up on the other side was a group of women having a party on the canal boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭jackboy

It does look nice now. It will quickly be pretty grim though when the typical Irish weather returns.

Maturity? More of the same patronising attitude, assuming that people are not as knowledgeable as you or as mature as you, is patronising.

I have all the information I need, over my lifetime, to make my own opinions based on that knowledge.

There have been enough examples of his racism on thread already, I won't be giving him or his divisive ideas anymore limelight.

And this

'after giving my knowledge of the somalian community in the UK, that you would suggest Irish women are the same. I find that quite patronising.'

Your knowledge seems to be a very one sided attack on women from a certain country. There are many single mothers, yes including Irish ones, who have more children and avail of social housing. Do you have some problem with housing single mothers and their children?

It's extremely effective. I saw one tent near Baggott Street bridge kinda behind the fencing. The canals are somewhere to take your dog to relieve itself. They're not a destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Well I reckon people will have their say in the next election .In my office ,for the EU election every one is voting against established parties but no one is shouting it from the rooftops ,if this carries trough out the country then our politicans that reperesent us will change .I am voting Derek Blighe No1 and 2,3,4,5 for aontu , independent ireland ,farmers alliance .Imo we will have big changes coming ,people were only half as sick with Bertie & co. as this current shower of wasters!!!

• Advertisement

Enough to warrant a couple of tonnes of metal fencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭MegamanBoo

Is this a reference to Denmark?

Their certainly not implementing an immigration policy in line with EU law.

Were we to follow this path I can't imagine the EU would be as lenient with us, especially at this point.

https://migrant-integration.ec.europa.eu/news/denmark-lowest-number-asylum-seekers-ever_en

Ffs. You know exactly what I was referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Geert von Instetten

The idea that the EU would leverage contentious tax reforms - reforms that would be implemented bloc-wide - in a punitive response to the State implementing immigration policies consistent with EU law, is ridiculous.

lol , I offered you more information than you have , so yes I am more knowledgeable than you are on this subject , by definition.

you getting upset about that as a real and actual fact speaks to you maturity does it not ?

it is very good advice to never stop learning , ever on any subject

"i have all the information i need" when you do not have all the information at all is an attitude that is sadly prevalent in protest politics these days and one of the reasons it is easy to laugh at virtue signaling ill informed and childish people who take a position because the media or some other entity tells them to while they know only the vaguest details of the issue themselves

you seem to be seeking an opportunity to get offended and that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread , the interview i posted is relevant and valid to the points offered , ignore it if you wish but as i said it weakens your position when you argue about something you dont know enough about

“Have you ever wondered, perhaps, why opinions which the majority of people quite naturally hold are, if anyone dares express them publicly, denounced as 'controversial, 'extremist', 'explosive', 'disgraceful', and overwhelmed with a violence and venom quite unknown to debate on mere political issues? It is because the whole power of the aggressor depends upon preventing people from seeing what is happening and from saying what they see.”
    ― Enoch Powell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭thomas 123

it’s the correct policy for the layabouts and do gooders of our society - everyone else loses.

You gotta love the boards narrative.

"Tent cities, that's disgraceful, why won't the Government do something to fix this?

The Government does something that fixes it.

"Ah jaysus, look what they've done, that's disgraceful."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Advertisement