Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Shoot Out - #Clockisticking 25-28 January, Eurosport, Discovery+, Matchroom.live

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Aww, I really thought the young fella might nab the last spot from the afternoon session!

Must be a mad atmosphere for the young uns to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Robbie McGuigan getting the experience out there

I thought the two 14-year olds were to play each other in this round? They were lamenting about how it was such a shame....

Have they re-done the draw??

(Haven't been paying proper attention to the build-up)

The Moldovan was playing the Brazilian there.

The two Thais are playing each other a bit later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

hope Desi gets another shift laterer doors :)

she's very pretty :-)

• Advertisement

best match yet that one between Thep and Poomy !

How does Gary Wilson do that with his head?? It's making me feel slightly queasy!

As McManus said, it'll be a shame if he cleans up thanks to a complete fluke first shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It amazing to me how these pro players miss balls by miles when feeling rushed. Just shows to show how much you have to concentrate to send that cue through in a straight line.

Poomjaeng in the middle of the lads on the front row cheering on his countryman Noppon. He is some livewire.

Playing Willo tommorow, that game won't be too serious.

I'm looking forward to that, Williams is well able to enjoy himself (in the most downbeat, dour- seeming way)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭PaoloGotti

Maybe I am too traditionalist, but I hate this format of snooker. Give me a 60 minute frame deep into a World final every day.

I enjoy the snooker - it's interesting to see players who can (and often do) take half the day to consider every single option and outcome, forced into making quick on-the-hoof decisions.

Could def live without the idiot audience though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Genghis

I know. I donn't enjoy watching Gary (or Anthony McGill) play because of their contorted head position. Mind you seen both live and it's not so pronounced, it's the focus of the camera that emphasises it.

controversy here 😁

DD was late on his shot, and after a few moments consultation between 2/3 referees the boy Iqbal was given 'ball in hand'

Dom wasn't happy 😁

he's back at table and back in front now tho

I'm surprised I'm quite enjoying this this year, wasn't that hot on it last year.

Anyway nice recovery there from Holt to beat Lisowski. Jack looked really pissed 😆

Never saw that ref before, for a second I thought it was Stephen Lee

Pity Poomjaeng went so easily.

With 50 grand to the winner and 12.5 grand for an appearance at the Champion of Champions there is a 42.5 grand difference between winning and losing the final. Not all that many matches have that sort of money at stake, let alone a match with a single frame.

20 grand to the runner up.

So can expect it to get very cagey

I feel Holt lost his nerve there at the end, could well won that match had he potted that medium distance red.

I don't think nerve comes into it, in fairness! At least not in the conventional sense.

Is Dale the last man standing who could become the first second-time winner? (In gone completely square- eyed at this stage, can't wait for it to be over, but can't stop watching all the same!)

Favour the Belgian here, looks very comfortable, would be a big win for him, new to the tour.

• Advertisement

Well that's why you should never follow any of my snooker tips.

Big win for Wakelin plus 5k highest break prize to top it off

Congrats to the owner of the most unfortunate hairline on telly!!

I felt for the poor Belgian young fella, he didn't get a look in, but a fantastic break from Wakelin.

I don't think nerve comes into it, in fairness! At least not in the conventional sense.

Well yeah, I meant I think he lost his nerve in terms of the clock countdown, he didn't have much time left.

Anyway what an excellent break by Wakelin there in the final shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

That was an enjoyable evenings snooker,as mad and as unpredictable as any other year,it's nice to see a lower ranked player get a decent pay day

Anyone who can call a single frame should work for Paddy Power :)

Advertisement