Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus curtailments in Tallaght

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭standardg60

What an ignorant post.

Why should i and the vast majority of people living in Tallaght who work and pay taxes be expected to 'sort the issue out themselves'?

I've lived all my life here and have been raised just as well as your nephew, though i agree that lack of facilities and boredom are nonsense cop outs, there is no excuse for this type of behaviour but be assured that like anywhere else in the country it's a select few who give areas a bad name, and generally it's the same families every generation, the fruit don't fall far from the tree.

But you should have a bit of enlightenment and not group us all under the same umbrella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,932 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The poster implied that travelling on public transport across the entire network in Dublin was unsafe.

That is what I was responding to, because that statement simply isn’t true.

I am not denying in any way, shape, or form that there are societal problems in Ireland and in parts of Dublin in particular, as there clearly are, but to suggest that the majority of bus journeys in this city encounter trouble is nonsense. They don’t. Not even close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's the whole loop there. Mostly services after 8pm. Most recently GT112 had a sliothar sized hole punched into its middle doors as it turned right outside Mark's Celtic from Cheeverstown Road. The option for the driver was to sit and wait or get out of there and glass fall off as it went. The latter was the only option...

The 65B and 77A don't serve Killinarden more than they do at night.

For all the nonsense about taxpayers and facilities and parenting, without a doubt the most damage and disruption on a bus comes from those on it than outside, good hearty taxpayers and that's on any route.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

Anybody know if these curtailments are still in place ? From what I gather its indefinitely but the DB website has no update since Thursday evening and the way they worded it sounds like it was just for Thursday.

A friend of mine was travelling on a 175 from Citywest down to Old Bawn and there was stones/ Rocks thrown at it in Glenshane on Friday evening, Surely Go ahead may be doing the same soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

The general area around Centra Killinarden is a disaster. Centra had TWO security guards on one night I was in there. Then they installed a kind of turnstyle to get in and out. I have parked outside and my dashcam has shown the little **** attacking the shop but there is no garda action.

I live nearby and have stopped going there now. I will go to the MACE just down the road from it. The scramblers on the ringroad are an issue and someone will get killed. Again, the gardai dont act but I believe there is no relevant legislation they can use.

I was in the square a few weeks ago and there were two staff awaiting an ambulance. They went over the bridge for a walk on their break and were set upon by a gang. It has happened a few times. The park is a no go area after dark. I cleaned them up as best I could and after an hour waiting, I suggested they self transfer as the ambulance service was overloaded and they were 5 mins away from the hospital.

The gardai need a crackdown and go in swinging the batons. Sadly, it the the gardai that would get pulled up over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

The problem is though Tallaght has a population of approx. 100k, That's more than Limerick City. Tallaght in my opinion needs at least another two garda stations.

I heard about the attack on the security in the square too. Heard about a week before Christmas that the Security officer in Tesco was followed to the Luas stop and attacked also. Its a desperate state altogether what is happening around Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

The two lads jumped were not security, they were working in one of the shops and it was their break time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Or they might grow into the likes of two murders in the area who beat the guy to death on the green outside the stag party. Are we meant to think these are the only bored teenagers in Ireland?

• Advertisement
Advertisement