Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damp patches on Roof Beams in Attic

• 10-01-2023 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Bit of an odd one to me, as I am new to a Bungalow, and to add to that, a cottage type bungalow.

House is an old Land Commission house, likely built in the 30s or 40s, with an extension added abut 21 years ago, the problem is in the attic space in the extension.

While putting away the Christmas Decorations this evening I noticed what looks like damp/moisture in the attic, where the ceiling joists meet the roof beams. It seems to be on a lot of them, and is more prominent at the northerly end.

This is a cottage type bungalow as I have mentioned, so there is no Soffitt to speak of, the fascia is almost flush with the exterior wall. It doesn't feel really wet to the touch, just mildly damp, which is odd because looking at it you'd swear it was soaking.We have had a hell of a lot of rain in the midlands the last few weeks, and I am wondering if this could be the cause.

The plasterboard on the ceilings below are foil backed, and you can see there is insulation on the attic floor. There are no vents in the attic so no real ventilation.

Does this look like damp, or water ingress?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Lewis

Comments

Advertisement