Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westwood

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭capefear

Any idea what’s the lowest amount she will get away with as there are two of them now thinking of joining

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

~49Euro, time it for the end of the month if sales targets mean anything, the other one used to be to sign up at the Sandymount one because it was quieter, but it seems pretty busy at the moment

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think a lot of the Clontarf branch go to Sandy nowadays, including myself, as Clontarf doesn't have a spa area any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

Is there any update on the Clontarf Spa, is it open yet ?

a couple of weeks back, sandymount seems quieter now

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭AmboMan

Thanks a million I’ll have to give it a try so !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Quoted 99 euro joining fee for Leopardstown. Anyone got less than that?

funnily enough my friend is joining in Lep and he got an 89 quote but was also signing up his son for a 79 , so maybe he got a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

Has anyone gotten any quotes for joining recently, they usual do January "deals"?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭billyhead

They usually sent or give you a 300 euro off the joing fee cheque:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone been using the Clontarf one lately? The spa is great but the gym just seems packed with noisy teenage boys and their orange female counterparts, in the evenings anyway. Been going there on and off for nearly 20 years and have never seen it so busy. If I have the time I just go to Sandymount where it's a much nicer experience. Do these kids' parents really pay the 89e a month fee for them or is it discounted for teenagers?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I would pay 89 euro a month for a gym membership for one of the kids, if they were going regularly with their pals, to be honest. Is that what a junior or teenage membership costs?

We have a few kids, and they're playing several sports. GAA, rugby, tennis, gymnastics, swimming...

No teenagers yet, but the total cost is a couple of grand per year. So a Westwood membership is not really that outrageous sounding, if you've been paying that kind of money since they were 5, or whatever...

I suspect something like a Westwood family membership would start to look like a good idea for some of these families, if even 2 in the family would use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

€89 a month for a kid madness. I’d pay €30 for them in Ben Dunne or FlyeFit….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

There's a Flyefit in Drumcondra alright, but if you are in Clontarf or Marino then WW is just down the road, can definitely see the appeal if you can afford it.

It's all relative anyway, tot up the cost of kids' sports and in general it's a lot more than what we're talking about here.

Advertisement