Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Peak Events notification

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭DC999

You sign-up. And some secret sauce decides if you get a voucher. I've gotten 60 blips (well 30 already, and 30 more due). Tbh, didn't expect to get vouchers but nice recognition for doing what they ask and joining the pilot early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just received my 30 one4all yesterday too. Wonder if could sign up again 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I signed up late and got "we'll give €30 to charity if you answer the surveys", so only got one survey so far but still got the "we made a donation, yay!" email.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Am I the only person that hasn't gotten any one4all or charity donations? 🤔

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

I got one. Signed up about 2 weeks ago

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 64,776 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I got my second €30 voucher earlier this week. Keep 'm comin', ESB!

I promise I won't use any peak time electricity 😁 But don't mind me loading up at 15kW o'clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

• Advertisement

They must have been listening. ESB sent me the third voucher just now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I got 30e but got no surveys in a while

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

They confirmed I was placed in a group that is not eligible for a reward. 🤔

They must have sent all your rewards to me 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I look forward to seeing the "Boardsian spike" on the eir grid site some day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I got one one4all so far. I think I'm due another one at some point.

Flexibility event, encourage use of dishwashers this evening..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Yeah I got that one. Think I'll ignore it as it's day rate time for me... I'm ok with not using electric but purposely using it to suit them? Nah

I don't seem to get any SMS from them, just vouchers. They work in Tesco BTW, tested that yesterday 😁

1 spent, 2 to go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Got that one too. Agreed, I'm not sure that I would be rushing to use up electricity because it suits the grid (perhaps strange wording of the text, but the intention was to let users know that 'it is a good time, if you wanted to, or needed to clean the dishes ... but it'll be at your day rate 🙂')

• Advertisement

Quite a few SuperValu stores also, and Woodies. I used mine online on woodies website for some garden supplies. Click & collect then. :)

They're both overpriced 😁 I like spending my free money wisely 😂

Only place that sold what I needed, which was also overpriced so the one4all took the sting out.

More back on topic, I got a survey today related to the event yesterday. I feel like it would be better to give more appropriate answers but I guess that's OK. The options they give aren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

just a thought for those not getting the One4all vouchers - have ye embedded images disabled in your email app? this might be why ESBN don't know whether or not you're opening their emails and might disqualify ye from receiving the vouchers..

or just maybe I'm overthinking it... 🙄

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭DC999

Think @Jonathan said they confirmed to him that he was in a control group that weren't getting vouchers. Makes sense they would want some way to confirm if the financial incentives helped or didn't. I've gotten 2 €30 vouchers so far and replied honestly to every survey Q. Others got 3 afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭micks_address

whats the story with the vouchers? when i signed up they said they'd make a donation to svp? did i sign up late or something? i have responded to a few surveys and get the texts but thats it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I got an email saying they made a donation and were starting another round a few weeks back, so we'll probably get another email in a few weeks saying they made a donation.

It's a shame you can't offer extra feedback on the actions. Having solar and a battery I keep doing "no but I took another action", cause that's basically what I'm mostly doing. "turn on the tumble dryer" would probably be better as "can you precook parts of your dinner"

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭oaklands

Just got the following by email from ESBN

Not clear what it means & I assume it is part of the pilot I signed up for months ago. Is this like Octopus in the UK. Will they pay us to use electricity when demand is low?

===========================================================================================

We wanted to let you know that some changes have been recently made to our terms and conditions. Outlined below are the key takeaways:

Energy Events

What’s new? 

We have added “Flexibility Events” which may occur outside Peak Hours.

What are they?

Peak and Flexibility Events are now referred to as “Energy Events” which are times when some participants are asked to change their behaviour around their electricity consumption, whether or not in return for a reward.

When will they happen? 

Energy events are not restricted to peak hours 5-7pm. They may be in response to amber alerts, weather conditions or other network activities.

Purpose and Duration

As you may be aware, the purpose of the promotion is to analyse the information collected by customers aimed at changing behaviour to reduce electricity consumption. Any analysis of meter data will be done at an aggregated level and will involve analysis of 30 minute interval data from smart meters.

You can opt out of these communications at any stage by clicking here. See our full Terms and Conditions here.

Yours

ESB Networks

No, it just means they're expanding the communication on peak events. Agile-like pricing will probably come eventually but don't expect fast movement in this area.

Post edited by silver_sky on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭circadian

Just wondering about this, is there an API for these alerts? I'd happily feed it into home assistant to charge battery etc.

Advertisement