Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing weight and on insulin

Options
  • 02-01-2023 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

So have been in the gym and trying to lose weight since around June this year and was around 109kg give or take, I'm just 6ft tall and male.

Currently I'm at 103kg as of this morning, the weight kinda came off in bulk say September/October but has since stayed the same. Seems I have tried harder at the gym too and it's not budging.

Befor i was on insulin(type 1 diabetic now since 2017)i was still overweight but only 94kg....I wasn't in the gym at the time but just eating and taking a ridiculous amount of insulin as I wasn't sure what I was doing, probably 80-100 units a day compared to 35-40 now max. Got myself together done the dafne course and count carbs for everything now, i find it easy to avoid choc, pastries and sweet stuff mostly. Still eat bread and potatoes but a lot less than what i used too.

I try to train 4-5 times a week and in work I can rack up alot of steps too, but I'm struggling to lose more weight, I've read a few threads here and they've mentioned my fitness pal and counting calories so that's my next plan, does 1800 calories sound enough per day for height and weight?

I'll add i mostly done 5 min warm up then 5 or 6 exercises with weights...recently got this fitness watch in gym and I've been trying out more cardio, up to 2.5km on treadmill befor doing weights.

Looking for tips or Any info losing weight, not sure the insulin is much to do with it not coming off but when I learned how to carb count 2 years ago I lost weight just on taking less insulin per day.

Comments

Advertisement