Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2023 -17th June

Options
  • 27-12-2022 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Hi all, hope everyone is having a great Christmas.

This is probably a bit earlier than usual but here is the route for the Evil in 2023 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/41665263

Usual starting point under the Dundrum Bridge with the roll out at 8am.

Saturday the 17th or 24th of June 2023 are the provisional dates and I will confirm the day a good month or 2 in advance based on what date will suits you all best.

Again, the usual rules for the Evil apply.

Its a free event.

It’s not a supported event in terms of food provided or road side assistance.

It's not in anyway connected to Boards.ie, only the discussion takes place here.

No medals or pasta will be provided after the event.

No official food stops (usually we stop in Laragh twice with a quick break in Rathdrum if needed)

We usually try stick together for a while but groups usually form.

Pints after if possible in the Blue Light or the three rock( if anyone has energy left)

For anyone who is new to Boards, this is now the 12th consecutive year of this event.

For the route, a few notables are Glassavullaun Lane, the Gap road going the good way up and after a break of a few years the Wicklow gap returns with Turlough Hill making its first appearance.

Considering Turlough is after 80km, gaps will have formed already so I dont expect a traffic jam going up considering the low numbers so I do not see any issues with walkers etc. (excluding Turlough will reduce the climbing by 200 meters)

Then after Laragh its the loop around Glenmalure, Slieve Maan, Rathdrum and back to Laragh, this I think is without doubt the best loop you can do in Wicklow.

We then go to Luggala via Lough Dan, over the Sally Gap with a nice easy finish up Kilmashouge, also making its debut 😝.

Hope to see many there next year.

Post edited by Weepsie on

Comments

Advertisement