Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭C4000

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the story with seating groups nowadays ??

The Munster Championship tickets will be available very soon and would like to be seated in a group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

For croker it let's you pick the seats so you can organise a group but the only way to guarantee a group is if one account holder is paying for the full group on their account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

1 football ticket for Saturday and Sunday league finals available. Pm email or WhatsApp and I'll send them on

Sunday ticket gone. Saturday available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Are the season ticket for the league hurling final available yet got email about it but tried to redeem the ticket to no avail.

They are there alright, under 'Redeem league tickets' there should be a subheading AHL Roinn 1 final......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Any late spare tickets for todays finals for ST holders not attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭Trampas

Leinster semi final tickets available to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Just double checking I can opt out of one championship game by not buying a ticket and still qualify for an Ireland ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

yep still just the one opt out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Yeah. Had to opt of Leinster semi final. Just didn’t buy. Was grand for next match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Anyone get an email/able to buy tickets for the hurling in Semple stadium or football qualifiers yet? When I go into "redeem tickets" I get "access denied" just want to make sure everyone is getting the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Nope, not available yet. Maybe at 10am when the others go on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

Up now

Offered the uncovered North Stand for the Hurling. Have to wonder the point of a season ticket at this stage...... Football match is GA so no assigned seat or even a guarantee of a seat for Galway vs Mayo...

North stand is far better for watching a match than the Mackey.

Forecast for Limerick on Saturday is not pleasant....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

As we all know it's a money making racket not to reward loyal fans. The only reason I get it, is the guaranteed final ticket if needed. With Irish weather its unreal a uncovered stand ticket is the same price as a covered one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

Been to every single game this year, league included, and my reward for that is to pay the same price as someone sitting in covered stand who probably hasn't gone to half as many games, to get pissed on for 4+ hours judging from the forecast (if I decide to show up for the first game).

Really not happy with there being no allocation for covered stand for ST holders, not even first come first served.

On the other hand there'd be more moaning if people were put behind the poles or at the back of the Mackey. I think unfortunately the seated terrace was the only feasible option to give all season ticketers a decent vantage point for the two games. As for getting soaked at matches, as much as I have gripes with the GAA there's not much they can do about the weather.

To be fair Squeaky up until this year the Season ticket for me had 4 main benefits:

A ticket for all games (not that Galway were going to be selling out a league game in February but still!)

A stand ticket (unless the total number of season ticket holders surpassed the capacity of stand, then first come first served)

An All Ireland ticket.

Price

Now I'll say straight off I'm a terrace person so sitting in the stand for me was never a big issue. But some older people were buying a season ticket for that basis alone. For whatever reason this year and since Ticketmaster have taken the overall running of things Season Ticket has basically downed tools. All round robin games in Football were GA. So let alone not an assigned seat but maybe not a seat at all. And how can the GAA think it's fair for someone to sitting in a dry stand with a seat paying the same as a person standing for a few hours on a wet terrace. Terrace tickets should be cheaper and always have been.

I understand the drawbacks of the Mackey but I would ask who did get seats in there?? All tickets are sold out on Ticketmaster, Season ticket only offered me a North Stand... so who was offered Mackey? Maybe Clare/Dublin/Players/County Boards got them but it doesn't sit right with me. Up until this year I felt I was being rewarded for loyalty. But between the price increase and the way tickets are allocated it seems to me season ticket holders are being treated much the same as the "going to the odd game when it suits" punter.

I think Mackey is now only for club/delegate allocations. In an ideal world there'd have been an allotment of the covered stand for elderly/limited mobility STers but this is the GAA. The same organisation won't sell tickets on matchday since covid which is a form of ageism imo.

The ST has also always been a source of major issues too. I travelled the length and breadth of the country for the last decade following the hurlers/footballers and sometimes you'd be called a liar for not attending games even if you had video proof of getting your card scanned at the game. Mayo fans got national attention for the issue (quite rightly too). GAA never really did anything about it and their customer service were horrible about correcting attendances. This was when you'd need the 60% minimum to qualify. I certainly hope I don't come across as a season ticket defender here.

I do agree 100% that the GAA have downed tools for the season ticket. No seating groups is ridiculous and I get the sense they want to get rid of the scheme in the near future so that they'll be able to have more final tickets for sponsors, which in turn will water down the atmosphere almost as much as pricing supporters out of going to games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Grats

Another reason why the two quarter finals should not be fixed for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Bobby_Bolivia

At AI QF stage, especially when I'm going to be sat in the stadium for 4.5 hours to get my monies worth - I think the least I could expect as a Season Ticket holder who has been at every game this season is a bit of cover from the forecast rain.

I think it's pretty shambolic that we have an AI QF in a stadium where we have 1 covered stand. And that we can't look after some amount of the people who have followed their counties every game this year.

Given the proximity of Gaelic Grounds to Clare vs Dublin, we may as well have used Thurles for these, as Clare have a huge advantage as opposed to Dublin, it's basically a home venue for them when you consider the proximity.

No seat selection for Dublin vs Mayo game. Didn’t seem to be an exchange also. Got 307 area.

Good section to get. Will be between the 45 and halfway line. We were there for the all Ireland last year.

Got 305 for the Tyrone game so just the other side.

I’ve been a Dublin season ticket since the first year. First time since the move to ticketmaster that we couldn’t select a seat and or even exchange it to be closer to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭MacDanger

The GAA are really intent on dumbing down the season ticket to the point that it's not worth it anymore. Same with the packages they used to do - both QF double headers & both semi finals which was great for anyone who wanted to go to the whole lot or to split with a friend whose team was on the other side of the draw. You'd expect that these are the people that the GAA should be trying to accommodate rather than considering them too much hassle

Advertisement