Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Jaysus. If you buy from student/employee discount site you don't get the storage upgrade. Just the palty 6 months of D+.

Samsung really dropped the ball this year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I was in two minds to upgrade but looking at the deals I don't think I'll bother this year unless something good is announced in the next few weeks, which is unlikely.

Last year was great with the Revolut and Samsung extra percentage off along with the trade.

Even the 6 month Disney deal seems like a slap in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

So a 15% student discount doesnt work with double storage. It also doesn't work with Groupon's 10% on s23 ultra.

Groupon 10% off doesnt work at all by the looks of it for the s23 ultra. So we'ree looking at a 900-1000 after the trade in.

Hello iPhone, nice to meet you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not to mention they're giving other regions up to 100 Euro samsung credit to spend. They're not even offering that. I'm wresting with the idea.

Only a discount code of some description would make me buy anything I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭CptMonkey

I can get it for €824 if I trade in my 12pro max. Would cost me less than the iPhone 14 but is it worth it?

• Advertisement

Probably one of the best phones going. If your trading up from something old then yes it will last a good few years and be top of the pack in specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Very poor compared to last year , at least the temptation is not there to switch this time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Same cost here trading in a S22 Ultra.

Not going to bother myself at that price, if there was 10/20% discount off the full price I would.

Last year's deal was too good, got 25% off, 12 months Disney +, Galaxy buds and traded in my hated Pixel 6 for about €100 less than it cost that came with Bose headphones. Paid €520 net.

Hopefully some discounts will come soon if the pre-orders are poor which I expect they will be.

Disney was always 12 months , very disappointing overall

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I pre ordered used my iphone for 690 Groupon got me another 145 off. So 623 all in. Also Groupon code worked on the preorder deal i got the 512GB for that.

Post edited by Chibs on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

So it's costing me more via students website. I am looking for S23 Ultra 512GB to exchange with my S22 ultra.

Very very bad offer!

S23+ 256GB

Normal site less 10% Groupon less trading in a broken phone (€125) = €999.10.

Student/employee (15%) less trading in a broken phone (€105) = €956.65.

Bear in mind buying from the normal site gets double storage so basically €50 for double space.

Still a piss poor offering tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Cheers for the groupon link, or maybe not 😅 I was on the fence but the 10% pushed me over. I got green S23 Ultra 512GB, traded in S21 Ultra 128GB. I thought I might have preferred buds but thinking about it the extra storage is actually ideal as I plan to keep it for at least 3 years and my S21 Ultra is nearly full now after 18 months. Also ordered screen protector and green leather case. About 880 all in. I've had black phones for 10 years so hoping I don't hate the green irl, looks nice to me in the pics and videos I've seen.

If its the same green as on the S22 , it looks really well , you wont be disappointed

Thinking to pull the trigger on green S23 Ultra 512 GB (via normal site). Student site is costing more.

Also, when I go via Revolut 2% cashback, there is no place to enter discount code.

In my experience with the Revolut 3% cashback you don't need to go via their link, just make sure it's active first then continue as normal and it'll track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

I've the S21 Ultra so this would be a nice upgrade on mine not sure if i'd be bothering if i'd the S22 Ultra but the snapdragon processor might be enough to swing it. The 6 months disney offer is bananas. I bought the Samsung S8+ tab a few weeks ago and got a year Disney free. Odd that they've made the upgrading options slightly worse this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Whatever about the lack of decent upgrades over the S22U etc...or the lack of decent incentives, one thing that struck me is the poor selection of colours direct via Samsung TBH.

Of course, that's a personal thing and doesn't ryhme with everyone, but again, the exclusive colours such as Graphite and Red are the standouts. Don't like the promoted Green at all personally.

Very much undecided on a switch, even with 50% cost on trade in from a S22 Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Just ordered the cream s23 ultra with 512gb, Got 630 trade in for my fold 3 which I paid 750 for second hand + The 10 percent groupon discount made it a very tasty offer. Thanks lads for posting the links! What cases will ye have in mind to buy?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

The Exclusive colors are available on the UK site.

Guess we don't deserve them.

I quite like the Red. All 7 of the rest are somewhere (IMO) between Meh, and Bleh.

Am I mad or does that link not bring up any Samsung discount codes. Seems to be just the site with lots of other advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

wanted to upgrade from an s10e (great phone but battery is killing me now) but i cant justify those prices. will be holding off until 7a comes out

You're right. It took me to some French website.

Just write on google: Samsung groupon discount.

Aye. Same as the last few years with regard to the colours in the UK. Just isn't the same market, and I doubt any providers will be getting the other colours over here.

The cream one isn't too bad, but the black is the only one I'd be comfortable with out of the range available here. Last 3 phones have been burgundy or graphite. The green is supposedly very dull in person, almost grey. Of course, there would be the usual case in place so you can swap around if you want, but just a very dull range.

If you open revolut app. Search samsung at the top. And select cashback option. Then go to shop. With revolut its 15 percent off (supposedly) however... it doesn't look like double memory applies so phone seems more expensive. And their trade in values are 100 euro less than going just direct to samsung store.

Someone's been doing the maths. The deals are roundaboutly very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,899 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 years back it was the Free Pro Buds and Smart Tag (which since has been lost)

I'm guessing it's the S21 Ultra for another year for me. Going to have try sort something about expanding my storage

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

strange It was working earlier. If you Google it you will find it. I see it’s still there.

• Advertisement

For those saying the various discount sites or student pages are saying the double storage doesn't apply - are they saying the 512GB is showing at 1600+ instead of the offered 1450 ?

Only saying because if anyone is ordering the 256GB expecting to get the 512GB, you're actually supposed to order the 512GB as that's the reduced model ? Order the 256 and you'll get the 256

Might be a stupid suggestion but can't see the student page myself etc

Advertisement