Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People you thought were the same person

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Gabby Logan and Gaby Roslin. Just thought Gaby got married and changed her surname. Only realised last week they were two separate people. Still don’t know which one is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

As some lookalikes are very reasonably close. I do wonder how more lads dont end up in the bed with their mother in laws by accident by how they cant distinguish obvious differences 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Gabby Logan was Gabby Yorath when she first started on telly (and daughter of ex-footballer and Wales manager Terry Yorath). She also competed in the Rose Of Tralee in 1991 as the Leeds Rose. (Her father used to play for Leeds United).

For my 'People you thought were the same person', I'll say Jenny Eclair and Su Pollard, although I always knew that they were different people. It's just that recently when I heard Jenny Eclair was going to be on Taskmaster, I immediately thought of the very annoying Su Pollard (not that I was mad about Jenny Eclair either, but she's not as bad).

To make things worse, a few days after the first episode of the current Taskmaster aired, I saw Su Pollard being interviewed on telly for the first time in many years, which made me doubt myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭micar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Having watched the film Dead Shot, I thought that the lead actor playing the IRA man Colin Morgan was Benedict Cumberbatch.

Colin Morgan.

Benedict Cumberbatch

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

When I saw Inside Llewyn Davis in the cinema I was convinced Adam Driver, as the "outer space" guy was French actor Reda Kateb who has a supporting role in A Prophet which I'd recently seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,550 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Charlie Brooker (writer Brass Eye, Black Mirror) and Charlie Higson (writer Fast Show)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Brian Cox (the actor) and Albert Finney.

• Advertisement

Matt Damon is a hybrid of Leo and Mark Wahlberg.

Shakira is a hybrid of Beyonce and Mariah Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

John Goodman and John Turturro.

You can imagine how confusing Barton Fink was.

John Goodman, Dan Aykroyd, the late John Belushi and John Candy... all that SNL lot who were big lads (the surviving guys have slimmed down, fair play) - used to mix them all up when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭REPTILEDAN88

Speaking of John Goodman, him and Russell Crowe are almost like twins at times. another lookalike comparison is Sam Neill and Kevin Costner, Kevin at times looks like Bob Odenkirk too, but Sam doesn't as much, odd that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,629 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Watching The Lincoln Lawyer and keep thinking Becki Newton looks a bit like Kirsten Dunst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

When the TV show Dallas got a reboot in the 2000s I think, I couldn’t for the life of me get to grips with it as all the male actors looked the same.

Oh that reminds me:

Sam Neill and Robert Wagner. Eyes are SO similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,550 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Between Sam Neill and Robert Wagner you could add Robert Vaughn into the mix...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Up to just a few days ago I casually assumed that the bald guy on Masterchef was Heston Blumenthal. I have zero interest in cookery programmes so I'd switch over if it came on. Only now know its a different guy whose name is Gregg Wallace after he started trending on Twitter because of a cringeworthy interview he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭appledrop

Watched the second season of White Lotus and thought Laga Gaga was one of lead characters.

It was only afterwards I Highley cast and realised it was someone totally different, aubrey plaza!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Photobox

I had thought Tracey Ullman was in some recent shows, Black mirror and Mr Bates v the post office, it is someone completely different Monica Dolan, they are very alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭AyeGer

They don’t look very similar but I used to get Benito Del Toro and Antonio Bandares (even before the advert 😂)mixed up, same with Lawerence Fishburne and Samuel L Jackson even though they don’t really look alike either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee aswell when I was a child.

Advertisement