Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai modifying forms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭keith s

Not arguing, but interested to know.

If my recycling bin counts as possession, what happens when they go in to the back of the bin lorry or back at the rubbish yard. At what stage are they no longer deemed to need a licence to possess. And how does the bin company side step the requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭freddieot

I'd imagine, technically, you could be committing an offence. The so called 'ammunition' under your control and the ptb would claim, provided by you either recklessly or deliberately to another person without their knowledge or consent.

Like you not being argumentative, but if you like what ifs then this is another one. Maybe someone with a better legal take could comment. However, I see the bin company in the clear and if the brass traced back to you then you would be on the block.

Probably never happen. I don't know any cop that would be bothered getting worked up over a few empty cases. I would not be betting all my firearms certs on it though. One man's too much hassle is another man's latest crusade.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And had "good reason" and a warrant to do so,but not if your bin was at the kerbside.Rubbish is considered "abandoned property" once on a public footpath,etc.Just a point worth noting .

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement