Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Ah its only a head cold"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭PeaSea

Couldn't agree more with the OP, and also the suggestion that masks are compulsory on public transport. Obviously the Indiana Jones wannabees feel the need to spread their germs to prove their manliness. It has ever been thus I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭growleaves

Many people didn't even bother to lose excess weight during the covid 2-year hideaway despite that high cholesterol + inflammation combined were enough to make you "vulnerable" to an early death supposedly.

You need exposure to colds to build up your immune system.

If you're worried about your health then exercise, eat healthy foods, and boycott unhealthy foods.

Germ-dodging as a way of life does not make you ipso facto healthy.

On the contrary it has become a substitute for a healthy lifestyle for many, as masking and slumping in front of the TV are easier than preparing ingredients carefully and engaging in serious anaerobic exertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭jackboy

Ah jaysus, we can’t expect people to look after their health. That would be victim blaming. Much better to have healthy people with a sniffle stay at home for a few days.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭Breezy_

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA chOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in your direction OP.

Pox on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭buried

OP is dead right, why should I be exposed to sickness from my filthy fellow humans.? Its just not fair.

And also, why I should I be exposed to death from filthy mother nature? Why should I have to deal with that too? Its just not fair.

Why can't I live forever like what yer man in the coat that sang songs for Oasis said we could? Its just not fair.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Kumejima

Did you not consider summarily executing the inconsiderate oaf on the spot? #toprotectyourselfandyourlovedones #stopthespread #byallmeansnecessary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

engaging in serious anaerobic exertion.

In fairness, if you’re doing any kind of activity in the absence of oxygen, the odd virus is the least of your worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

What an absolutely fcuking ridiculous post. You and your little friends can wear all the masks you want and hide under your beds for the rest of your lives. You’ve had your fun now it’s time to put the big boy pants on and start living in the real world. I really can’t believe there are still people that think like this and also not surprised to see some of the posters that agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Garzorico

People with colds/doses going to places where there are a lot of other people who they risk infecting is just plain ignorant. Simple as. The clowns should just suck it up and keep away until they are better. Selfish and childish is all they are.

Hands up who would invite someone coughing and spluttering with a dose into their house to sit 12” from them and their family…..? Thought so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm a strong believer in preventative measures when it came to Covid. I had it last March and it was zero craic.

But I have to say, the lockdown measures have absolutely backfired i terms of normal immunity building.

I've a couple of young nieces and nephews, aged around 5 and they are constantly sick now, laid up in bed with what should be routine seasonal bugs. Things just seem to be hitting them far worse than they ought.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭PeaSea

I'll assume your first sentence was a forecast of what was to come rather than a comment on what went before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

I think some people need reminding of when to stay at home.

It clearly says to isolate with symptoms or a positive covid test.

There's a link to symptoms which will redirect you to the HSE site which says symptoms of covid can feel like a cold or flu, so that means staying at home with colds.

And if you have symptoms and a negative test to stay at home until 48 hours have passed symptom free which I think is a fair approach to things.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/covid19_isolation_and_restricting.html

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Anyone still believes that hysteria or following covid guidelines are beyond redemption.how have humans survived for millennia without interacting with viruses and bacteria before now.

it’s over.get on living life

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

I have a terrible cold/covid/flu whatever it is (no did not get a test). And I am still coming into work on thursday otherwise they are going to whine and nag about it because we HAVE to go to the office at least once a week even though it's not necessary for the job so.

Unless it's getting worse then maybe no. I did cancel meeting up other people and did not go in on the other days.

Look up some history. Not everyone survive from getting ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah yes, responses are still very mature and non-accusatory to either side. Gotta love humanity.

You'll never eliminate the heroes who come to work sick. The problem isn't even them coming to work sick, it's them then acting like normal. Japanese wear masks when they feel sick to stop them spreading it to others. And that's the main difference. Sick people over here don't care about anyone else, especially if it infringes on their "freedom". Couldn't get some people to mask up in the height of the pandemic, not a hope they'll do it for the benefit of others now.

I will say, and only due to a funeral, i'm sick for the first time in nearly 2 years. Chest infection, won't go away. I know exactly who I got it from, the cnut. I didn't miss having this every 6 weeks prior to Covid. I wasn't a very social animal to begin with, but the removal of shared workspaces (WFH) is, imo, the main reason I haven't been getting sick since.

Regardless of what anyone wants, people will do what they want anyway so no point getting upset anymore. Just makes me want to interact with the general populace less. Bring on PSVR2!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

One time I suggested to my manager that on that particular day I did not want to come into the office as I had come previous days (Irish manager, obviously). Now that was absolutley not acceptable and the manager started whining about it so I just went in anyway hence I am coming in this thursday even though I am sick and will still be sick on thursday. Maybe I'll cough in the general direction of manager to return the favour.

Can't always blame the people who come in sick. Maybe it's management's fault.

Ah stop, there isn't anything management can do if you call in sick and follow HSE guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Well I went to a cafe earlier and the woman behind the counter first sneezed into my coffee then sneezed on her hand and handled a cookie she put on a plate for me ….

Please tell me you didn't accept any of that. That's absolutely disgusting.

I asked for a new coffee and just didn’t take the cookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

If you have a dose, and youre around people, then wear a mask. .

Should be the new norm. The Japanese have done it like that for some decades now, and theyre right. its polite. Who wants someone elses shtty virus.

Also it can save employers sick days, so Im hopeful it suddenly will become the norm.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As my immune system is down due to an illness I tend to isolation and given some of the responses here ... Last time i caught a simple virus it lasted three long painful months, which is what tends to happen to immune-challenged folk.

Wearing a mask is surely really no big deal. A small kindness to folk not in as robust health as you have the privilege of being?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Sorry, but there is always some loss. I’d rather have a functioning society where the majority of people develop some form of resilience than prioritise a few with special needs.

And that was true BEFORE your beloved Covid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

Over the last two years, the human immune system has become a ‘far right conspiracy theory’

• Advertisement

The masks are grand to a point. I am a bit deaf and I didn’t appreciate just how much I relied on seeing people’s lips to tune in what they’re saying and tune out the background noise.

My problem is I would be in a shop and have no notion what was being said to me or even that anything was being said at all.

I pretty much didn’t interact when I was out and kept my retail mostly online.

Advertisement