Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Toptracer at Halpenny Dublin Airport Range

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭benny79

Like the shot tracer when your watching the golf on telly you see the line of the ball ie weather it was draw, fade hook etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yeah but to produce that line, they track the ball leaving the bay. They're not tracking your swing to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭benny79

Yeah I know but you obviously know how good your swinging by looking at the shot tracer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,774 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

are the queues still mad at the Airport range?

thinking of heading over in an hour or so but couldn't be arsed queuing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭blue note

Kinsealy have trackman now so I'd be surprised if the queues are as bad at this stage. But you could ring and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭token56

At this time I reckon you will be fine. I was there myself Monday evening and it was busy but found a bay. If it wasn't raining they also have mats outside with Toptracer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,600 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Its mid summer and ranges way calamer (except weather factor) but holidays etc.

No problem getting bays now.

Also I think the novelty has died a bit too.

Obviously massively improved range experience..but people realising the limitations of the system.

Gives a general idea..but nit much use for the likes of short shots etc..

System can be a bit slow and glitchy too..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭blue note

What I liked in Halpenny was the feature where you measure your consistency with irons. Getting that consistency tighter is real progress. The temptation with these machines is that you'll try to hit it as far as you can. That's probably the opposite of practice, you'll just be engraining bad habits.

They are fun though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,085 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The range in Greystones also has TopTracer these days and I've never had an issue getting a spot, in case anyone is looking for another option.

It's a decent system but I can't be arsed with most of the modes. The play-a-course mode / challenges just don't do it for me. I just stick to the Practice mode to measure direction, distance and consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,774 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Yea they have actually had it for about as long as the Spawell, and I’d be guessing price is excellent also.

anyway, didn’t bother with Airport. Went to Luttrelstown instead, Garmin R10, used E6 software for first time and played a round in Bandon Dunes……. It said I was better than I really was 🤣😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,322 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

For anyone in the Midlands, athlone driving range have put trackman into all their bays

https://www.facebook.com/Athlonedrivingrange

Advertisement