Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS solar panel grant

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

To get the benefit from the solar will he not need to run the cable from the house anyway? As alps said a new connection will have no previous usage so will probably need to use the house MPRN to qualify anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

If you received approval and inspection for tams in the past, and didn't proceed, does the application lapse or can it be revived. I think it was 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Thanks both - yeah it does seem that way. He rang IFA and they are sending out someone to survey and he's lined up those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭893bet

Had a look at this recently. Not a panacea sadly.

1) you can’t get the Seai grant and Tams. So the 60 percent grant is reduced.

2) can’t mount on dwelling which means I have to ground mount as shed not suitable. Ground mounting a more expensive option I assume again eating into the “grant”.

3) inverter and battery can’t be in dwelling house so need a decent shed location for same also.

4) The paperwork hassle

Might skip personally as not sure worth the hassle.

Advertisement