Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico v The Wildlings match thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

Bonus point win here would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ulster knocked that forward from jenkins hands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭A-Train

That’s game over.

Leinster playing rubbish, and getting no luck at all. Ross Byrne with one of those Ross Byrne performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ref is a total homer, in the geographical as opposed to sexual sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Nonsense I’m afraid. The onus is on tackling player. Stewart can carry as high as he likes. It’s a red all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

honestly don’t know how anyone comes to this conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭crisco10

Which was ringrose point when ref told him to stop moaning.

At least he was consistent, Billy burns knock on was Lowe knocking out of his hands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

McCloskeys fairly fired up for this game. If he keeps it just barely legal (or barely illegal) he'll have had a dominating game, but my bet is a yellow before the end of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Just as well the ref saw that high tackle. Great determination to go for corner and get the try

For sure, it was worse than Ross Byrnes high tackle so would have been fairly inconsistent to miss.

Leinster are fumbling a crazy amount of ball.

• Advertisement

At first glance at normal speed I thought penalty or yellow. Can accept it's a red but there is mitigation in my opinion in that Healy soaked the tackle - no idea what the ref meant by offensive tackle and the ball carrier dropped his height quite a bit.

Credit to Ulster, ruthless and composed and didn't let Leinster get organised after the card.

22 - 10 is still very much a game and I expect the second half to produce some fireworks.

22-10 with man advantage and wind advantage. No excuse not to go win this in second half.

For sure, ulster would really want to lose their way from here. Wind, 12 points and momentum in their favour

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Ulster should win from here. The wind should be used to pin Leinster back into their own 22. Ulster are menacing their lineout and Furlong and Sheehan can't do much from 60 metres out from the try line

Dont ever underestimate billy burnses ability to lose a game he should clearly win.

Typically by the referee favoring greatly whatever team is playing at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭OldRio

As for the Rugby. I've enjoyed Ulster who are playing some lovely rugby in attack and defence. Leinster building phases but tend to knock on or fumble at the end.

You would imagine with the wind in their favour and one man up Ulster should push on. If they do not?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I feel that offensive would generally mean that Healy was moving forward as opposed to soaking the tackle.

I think the referee meant something else here. Perhaps he meant that he was offended by the sight of blood after the incident.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Cooneys game is over courtsey of an elbow to the face from lowe.

Thats a red card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster has been playing with more edge this season and a red card was eventually coming. We were lucky not to get one against Glasgow last weekend.

I guess we're trying to up our physicality in order to not get caught out like we were against La Rochelle and Sharks at the end of last season. But I think it's coming to the detriment of our overall play. Could pay dividends eventually however.

That to me from Lowe is more of a card than Healy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

that looked like a red to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭almostover

That was a elbow to the chin by Lowe. Very lucky there, very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭bingobango12

How in the name of God is that a red card? His elbow is tucked into his body and he didn’t extend until contact. Do you want 10 red cards every match?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Lowe should be off

This game management from ulster is suicidal.

Don’t play in your own half when you have a 12 pt lead and the wind. Kick your point as well. For **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭bingobango12

Really don’t agree the should be red. That type of contact happens multiple times a game. It’s only shown again here because of Cooney staying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It came with a "say Scotland one more time mutha****a".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Ref absolutely bottled that Lowe call there. That should have been another red

Advertisement