Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burger quality

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Oh! I must take a trip there so.

Not quit a burger, but sounds good for a philly cheese steak sangich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

I think they might only be a summer item. Haven't seen them lately. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't like burger melts, the butter it superfluous, messy and adding a sh!t-tonne of calories that aren't actually doing anything in terms of taste. Just give me actual cheese, but one with a good melt quality.

For anyone in Dublin, the burger in Featherblade is the best I've ever tasted in Ireland and the closest I've ever come across to my favourite burger in New York, Del Frisco's.

Post edited by Dial Hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What do the burger purists make of this years "I'm a Celeb" Owen's quadruple wagyu beef cheeseburger?, now that's a mouthful.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Well, it's the classic uneatable tower burger ... The story even shows him at it with a knife and fork in one pic, and in another trying to take a sideways bite out of the side of it. Just a bit silly, really.

In general I also have mixed feelings about wagyu. I've had it in Japan a number of times, and also from Snake River Farms in the U.S. The truth is it's quite overrated if you're a steak fan, I would much prefer conventional grass-fed European beef. The problem with wagyu is that it is so fatty that it is that which dominates the mouthfeel. You feel the warm buttery fat quality, and it's all the same.

That should mean it makes a pretty good burger, of course, but I have my doubts about the credentials of any wagyu which makes it into a burger. There's wagyu and there's wagyu, I suspect.

So you're saying it's a tower burger and crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lovely one last night. All chuck. Ground up and seasoned. Kept it simple. Best burger Ive made. Have been using the "wagyu" burgers from FXB but this was much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

I think overall the prices are going up in places and the quality of meat being used is going down. Not burgers but I had a steak out recently that cost quite a bit but wasn’t up to scratch imho. This seems to be a trend obera I see but it might be personal opinion too.

I saw also burger story being mentioned. I checked that place out last year based on reviews from this thread and a few other reviews. I wasn’t really impressed but it was also expensive. It’s a burger at the end of the day. .

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I went into Burgerking last week and a double cheeseburger there was €4.95 for a tiny thing. The 6 nuggets were also €4.95. Not worth it at all. Now i know why it's not as full as other places. I don't eat out much anyway so doesn't affect me as much, but it was a joke

• Advertisement
Advertisement