Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bear (chef drama, not kids' show!) on Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭pat_sconce

I'd agree that early - mid season two was not brilliant, however it ties nicely into the final 3 episodes which are superb.

Near certain there will be a season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lol! Rattled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

• Registered Users Posts: 66,970 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

beta knight heroes.

Is that them things covered in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt? Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭SheepsClothing

I'll tell you what this post is, it's anti-Italian discrimination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Manic and shouty was the point. It's supposed to be uncomfortable.

And ya Richard is supposed to be infuriating but somehow likeable.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is that discrimination against people who are Italian or discrimination against people who are anti-Italian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

This ladies and Gentlemen is what being triggered looks like. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Well that was one heck of a 2nd season, some genuinely surprising guest appearances. Rollercoaster from start to finish.

Ritchie calling Carm Donna during their argument did it for me, what a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

is it worth a watch, as in better than average?, someone at work recommended it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

It's excellent. Watch it. Watch it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Thought S2 would do well to match S1. I think it surpasses it.

Keeps all the carnage and adds some great deft touches to the supporting cast.

Some really tender and gentle moments between dramatic emotional explosions.

Few standout moments include Luca describing his culinary career to Marcus, Carm & Clare Bear meeting up for the first time in a while, and Mikey looking to borrow a fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Great 2 seasons. All I know is I wouldn't like Jamie Lee's character to butter me a slice of bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

The big Irish family Christmas PTSD was real. My mam can't drive, but if she could, she'd have definitely drove through the kitchen on more than one Christmas. Great show.

The

"Don't ask if she is ok"

thing was absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

That could easily been taken from my house.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I was telling the person at work that I was getting around to watching it and they said, they wished they could watch it for the first time again, first episode is good for sure

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this, my other half had no idea why I so shook by that episode. It was actually seriously similar and I'm tempted to make the ma and da watch it just to prove how messed up our Christmas dinners are!!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Not a patch on season 1 , the cameos were gratuitous.

The only ones I remember feeling tacked on were Paulson and Coleman. Didn't even realise who was playing their mother till afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd struggle to call any of them cameos really. Sure, you have Colman and Will Poulter playing characters for one episode and who'll likely never be seen again. Probably John Mulaney too (Sarah Paulson might be seen in a flashback as Carmy worked in her restaurant in New York). But at the very least they all played important characters who are integral to the story and backstory of multiple characters. Same with Joel McHale last season who was in one scene, but showed up in a non-speaking appearance this season. He's an important character.

Cameo is more if a famous person just visited the restaurant as a guest or even just playing a guest, or if they were playing one of the guest chefs Sidney visited when researching restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

McHale wasn't non-speaking, was he?

The character he played definitely had a line or two near end of the last ep

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fair point, can't remember if they were re-used lines from his first season appearance though played as a voice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

no sorry, I was mixed up, you are right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Absolutely love the bear... I didn't think I would after the first episode as I watch TV to chill out and not stress myself out. It's up there with Breaking Bad in my all-time favourites.

The family Christmas dinner was an unbelievable episode as there were elements that most people can relate to and all I could think of was the saying 'You can choose your friends but not your family'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Just binged both seasons this weekend, stellar TV. The episode about the family Christmas dinner was superb stuff all around, the performances are really excellent. Reminded me of watching something like Uncut Gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Finished it tonight.

First season was very good. Different but good. Took a few episodes if not the whole season to grow on me.

Season two was excellent television.

Loved it.

Wish they'd not go to season 3. I don't know why they have to fcuk around with a perfect piece of tv.

I really hope I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I think a third season represents an opportunity to round things off and leave The Bear in a solid place.

I don't want or expect a happy bow on every story line, but would like to see Carm learn to bring joy & amusement to his life and balance it with his career.

Some Nat/Donna, Carm/Claire reconcilliation might be nice - again, not a happy place, but a more positive place.

Syd & Tina taking over the culinary world.

And just let Richie keep being Richie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yep , 3 seasons is all they need. Season 1 was his journey taking over his Brother's restaurant, Season 2 was leading up to opening day of The Bear, Season 3 will probably start from the aftermath of the finale and show how each of the characters improve. And hopefully more Jamie Lee Curtis or surprise castings

Advertisement