Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Refusing to reset service light??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭User1998

You’d probably be better off just going into a small garage and explaining the situation instead of calling around. I’m in South Dublin and would be 99% sure I could reset it if you don’t get sorted

I'd leave the google review anyway. Something along the lines off...

"Paid €900 for work done to my vehicle, including service. Mechanic forgot to reset the service light, told me they'd call me to schedule another time to come back so they could do it. They never rang, and when I followed up with them, they got verbally abusive and now are refusing to reset the light. Avoid."

If I saw a google review like that, I'd definitely pay attention, and take my business elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

There's a man or indeed woman 2 posts up in Wicklow said they'd do it. It's only next door .. .

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

I wouldnrt worry too much about it. You have the paperwork to prove the work done. If you do trade it in the garage will just reset it themselves. I know a dealer near where i work and they service all the cars they have themselves before sale. Do a google review if you can on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭zg3409

OP Dublin is a big place, if you are a bit more specific someone more local may agree to do it for you.

It might be worth finding a new local mechanic who can help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

A dealer that spends money on servicing a car, thats a new one on me, oil and filter change if your lucky.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Vw Das Welt prep gives a budget of €500 per car to do whatever the tech wants. Anything over that and the salesman can give go ahead for more.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

Obviously won't help the OP this time, but I wonder why you didn't go to a main dealer? I would be concerned personally getting a garage to service such a new car that doesn't have the diagnostic equipment of a main dealer. Plus with the like of Audiservice, you can buy a service pack even for older cars which always seem to be great value - even compared to independent garages. The other advantage is possibility of goodwill if you have any part failure and have a FSH from the main dealers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Personally I've always found the quality of work, and interest quite poor in main dealers. I'd say I've only gone back to 2 out 10 I've have dealings with.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Sleepy Joseph

Well the OP would be easily identifiable from that and given how unstable this mechanic is he could track him down and beat him like a big base drum or worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I do wonder what takes some people into servicing cars with the attitude the OP encountered. I’ve meet a few mechanics over the years, friends of friends etc, with this mentality. ‘Eff the customer’, ‘when these effers ring wondering when their car will be ready, I put them in their place’ and so on. (Needless to say, I didn’t send any work their way)

Why on Earth are you dealing with people then? There has to be plenty of other jobs for your skills where you don’t have to have customer service skills or deal with the public.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Every industry has clock punchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

These guys were no clock punchers or idlers. They just bristled, to put it mildly, at the idea of someone telling them what to do. Despite this being their own business in many cases and something they were doing voluntarily.

Maybe a question for the Psychology forum rather than here though 😂

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement