Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo EX90

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Single motor version likely to be the volume seller when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

A 6 seater version would be cool, that’s one of the things I really liked about the EV9.

Also surprised it didn’t have rear window blinds, these are really great to have with kids in the back.

Agree that leather seats would make a big difference, but it does seem to be minimalist enough in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Watched the review and I actually really like it. In a world where a Kia equivalent is 87k, this is worth the price IMO.

(PS: Settle a bet, is that background the Keadeen hotel in Newbridge?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ha no, Radisson St. Helen’s

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭useless

I really, really wanted to like this car but it's just not doing it for me. Maybe I'm too old but I can't countenance fabric seats on a 120k car. The minimalistic look is...nice... but would it have killed them to put a row of physical buttons under that screen for climate and hazards? Volvo seem to be doing the old Audi trick of designing a model, then putting the plans into the photocopier and blowing them up for larger cars and scaling them down for smaller. This EX90 is very, very like the EX30 beside it, and by extension, not 'special' enough to justify a 120k price tag.

Also, this car was launched in November 2022. Looking on Reddit, Americans who pre-ordered are only getting theirs in late summer this year, almost 2 years after the launch. There has been delay after delay in manufacturing and software, which doesn't bode well for build quality as they will be working flat out to get the cars out the door asap at this point. Interesting that Mark said there was an 8 year warranty- is that only for the battery or for the full car? If its the latter it would go a long way to assuaging any fears, but I'd be surprised if the warranty is not the bare minimum 2-3 years for Ireland.

I might wait for the facelift, or see if Audi come out with something interesting electric to replace the Q7. Maybe by then BMW will have seen sense too and released a fully electric "iX5" to replace the pig-ugly iX... (all the preceding fully on the basis of my impending lotto win, of course! :-) :-) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

That’s for the battery - need to double check the car.

Standard Volvo warranty is 3 years or 100K Km’s whichever comes first. Not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You can forget about leather on these, no experience of the standard seats, but those woolen ones are excellent… and expensive. Wouldn’t fancy the colour with my lot.

The lack of physical HVAC buttons really is off putting. Every so often, my xc60 will have a meltdown and refuse to launch the screen. Happens maybe once every two or three months (probably update related), but it’s incredibly irritating when it happens. I’m pretty sure the heated seats controls have always remained on, (edit: I must have summoned this, as this just occurred half an hour ago. Screen completely gone for five minutes while random reboot happened, so possible you’d have no hazards etc on the ex90)during this, so I’d be curious if this has the same redundancy for the lower controls. Either way, I don’t like it. The current mix is a decent, though not perfect, compromise. Steering wheel at least looks good to me.

I still can’t get over the lack of space in back though. My main takeaway is that this car will give Kia even more business.

Post edited by Oafley Jones on

By leather, I mean Nordico which is Volvo speak for fake leather. It’s available in 3 colours as no cost option. The grey wool is €1350 extra. I think you’d be crazy to pay more for grey wool fabric over Nordico that you can wipe clean on a 7 seat family car.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭derekreilly

I had a quick look around the EX90 this week at the Irish launch

• Advertisement
Advertisement