Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower burgers and how they are crap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭SteM

Well we have been together for over 20 years, so probably. Everyone thought it was VERY funny. I showed them though, I ate it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

A person of principals I see. Shower of baskets though.

Putin wouldn't even thought of putting banana in a burger! I'm very confident it's against the Geneva convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I'm sorry, but it's important you know that this kind of thing happens out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I call it bacon on a burger because that's how the majority of menus would list it.

Or in a pasta dish, like carbonara with bacon etc.

They're rashers when they're doing their own thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Memo to Chefs - we are not Pelicans.

Stop serving burgers you need to dislocate your jaw to eat!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

The most ridiculous burger I ever had was in Italy. It was held together with a lit sparkler through the centre of it.

Interesting thought process. I can see where you're coming from. But rashers are rashers. Menu speech is irrelevant.

In carbonara I believe they are called bacon lardons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

150g of meat is the sweet spot - needs to have the right fat content and very little additives. Bun needs to be sturdy but light - in my opinion lightly toasted Ciabatta bread is perfect. Swiss cheese is the business as has that nice balance between tart and sweet. Streaky bacon on top of the cheese. A few slices of onions and pickles. A small bit of ketchup. Tomatoes and iceberg are a personal choice but not necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh god no pickles. When I see people eat pickles I think they're something mentally wrong with them...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Demonique

I love mcdonalds double cheeseburgers with extra pickles

Burger King plant based whopper is great too, tried it to see what its like and its one of my favourite burgers

That's a burger you can pick up. Eurosaver as well.

Plant based...I won't knock it until I tried it.

Bourdain is spot on. Burgers should be kept simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Keep it simple is spot on, good quality bun and burger, onions, cheese, ketchup. Maybe tomato.

I once ordered a burger from one of those fancy burger joints on deliveroo but I didnt notice that you had to select the toppings, so what I got was just a burger and bun. Sans toppings it was obvious that both were of mediocre quality.

I generally found the classic Whopper to be the best of the fast food superchains

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭xper

Mama mia! It's pancetta or pork cheeks.

Most restaurant/pub burgers these days are badly thought out jenga disasters. Give me a Burger King Quarter Pounder & Cheese any day. Can't quite reproduce that at home despite my best efforts.

For a something a little different burger:

Wagyu burger, cooked rare

Sourdough bun, lightly toasted

Caramelised onion relish above burger

Boursin garlic and herb cheese below

Succulent and delicious and you can pick the fcuker up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Speaking of Burgerking, gutted the Texas Cheese Lovers is over, but it had a good long run. Replaced by a nearly-as-nice-but-just-add-bbq-sauce-and-remove-tomato-to-make-it-the-same Duo Bacon Cheese. I can't take the triples anymore, just too much meat for me. I even struggle with the doubles these days! But my god they are some tasty burgers.

Bunsen/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Bunsen is proof that a simple burger done well (but not well done 😉) is the best way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dante

Rashers don't belong on a burger. Its like putting pineapple on a pizza in my eyes.

Was in Bunsen on Tuesday for the first time in ages. Just a great burger. The right thickness of patty, cheap melted cheese, pickles, mustard, ketchup and mayo. Greasy and juicy. They nailed it in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd a friend who recently dislocated his jaw trying to eat a really large burrito. Found it hard to feel sorry for him as it was just so damn hilarious.

Always thought that might be a risk with these stupidly stacked burgers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,334 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

He needs to sue. It's the only way to bring about change here. Ban the towers as a health and safety risk!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I miss the days when Carl's Jr in the US had burgers that were over 2000 cals. The burger was so big that if you threw it at someone, you'd hurt them. Not practical to eat but the fcuker tasted savage. That was back in the mid 90s. They've downsized and changed the composition to make them more healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Bun should be lightly toasted to increase structural integrity but in no way crispy

Burger itself should be juicy - we’ve a tendency here to overcook the **** out of them. Burgers you get from summer bbqs are dry - the thing should be dripping with juice.

Then just keep it simple.

In order - bottom bun, Mayo, iceberg lettuce, smoked bacon rasher, burger, melted emmental/swiss cheese, gherkins (obligatory - they add crunch and the acidity cuts the richness of the burger), finely chopped onion, ketchup and mustard, top bun

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

burgers for dinner this evening

aldi black angus ribsteak burgers (bbq'ed if it stays dry)

mine will be burger, streaky bacon (not a rasher*), grilled pineapple, fried egg. brioche buns, slightly toasted on the inside.

Sauce - 2 teaspoons ish of tomato ketchup, 1 of mayonaise and half a teaspoon of mustard (swirled on the top bun rather than thoroughly mixed)

side salad (cold salad leaves in a hot burger bun makes no sense) and fries or wedges

beer.

*“streaky” bacon is side bacon. It comes from pork belly, which is a cut of bacon that comes from the belly of the pig. Rashers are a combination of back bacon and side bacon. As the name suggests, back bacon is a cut that comes from the back of the pig. As a result, it is usually leaner and less fatty. The rasher is the one you'd traditionally get with an irish breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i'm actually drooling here i'm going to have to have a burger later, some great recipes everyone i'll be taking some tips on board

Rashers no. I think they take away from the overall experience.

Cheese is a must. Your choice is not mine, but I could ride that wave.

• Advertisement

Caramelized anything on a burger my arse! That's dessert talk.

Advertisement