Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Matchday Thread

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

65 for a finish, small red arrow overall, I'll take that score and run. 2 FTs to sort the team for next week too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

64 and a red arrow. Stuck in the mud at 1.7m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

61 after Friday change of vice captain from Almiron to Toney proving to be abother poor choice. Also left Trossard and Saliba on the bench in favour of double Liverpool defense so could have had a good week if I made my choices for the first 11 a bit more sensibly. Red arrow again and now about 814,000 OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Im not panicking on Saka having watched MOTD last night, seemed more precautionary than anything, reckon he will be alright for Chelsea and given they just conceeded 4 goals v Brighton hoping he plays them. I was just glad to finally have reversed the Saka to Zaha transfer, only did it because of that GW12 trap and it turned into an disaster with Zaha picking up yellows to beat the band. Points wise would have been better playing with 9 players that week and hanging on to Saka, wouldve saved 2 transfers and a -4 as well.

Out of interest how much is a ticket into the Emirates these days? I used to go to Highbury the odd time back when I lived in London, was £35 for a terrace ticket back then in the Petit, Vieira, Bergkamp & Henry days. We used to complain it was expensive at least relative to wages back then but in hindsight £35 was a bargain to watch that kind of world class talent.

Im still scratching my head at how people in the 60's this week got a red arrow given Haaland was out and Kane and Mitro blanked. I had (c) Salah who scored as well as 4 clean sheets at the back, was convinced it would be a green arrow. Like Wilson only had about 6% ownership so it cant of been him alone who did the damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,528 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was £40 for upper North Bank. Grand seat as well. Never made it to Highbury unfortunately but probably would have paid twice that to watch Bergkamp alone!

Yeah I did the same move but am still stuck with Zaha. Think I'll just stick it out with him now for the next two. Have other fires to put out.

I loved Highbury, it was a proper old school stadium where you were right on top of the pitch. Goodison is one of the last of that genre in the PL

who is the priority, do you have Toney to deal with? I have him and a Scamacca headache, another mess of a transfer and I only did that as it sounded like Mitro was out yet then he plays and scores

• Registered Users Posts: 22,528 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah Toney and I'm not happy with my defence either but prob not worth using fts on that at this stage. Also selling Foden has freed up the third City spot for me again so tempted to reverse the KDB to Salah transfer.

Scamacca was a good punt, I was tempted by him too. Could be worth keeping with two good home games left?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Same, I had 60 points and fell 200k.

This season in particular has so many template teams that even the slightest point can make a massive difference.

Feel at the same time, it's incredibly difficult to gain rank while very easy to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

67(0) was a small green for me from 750K to 720K, so I'd guess that 64 or 65 would have been a red.

I think it was just so many clean sheets that swung the averages up this week, 7 teams in total. And lots of them were the sort of teams that people tend to have defenders from, especially as everyone has moved away from the expensive Pool/Chelsea defenders and gone cheap. So many people (me included in fairness) seemed to get such a 6-pointer defender subbing in for Haaland also.

• Advertisement

yeah it definitely feels very easy this season to drop rank. Id three average enough weeks, not disasters or anything but in that time fell from 25k to 118k. Havent used my FH or TC chips yet so theres a way to claw some of it back. But it does feel ultra competitive this season to stay in the top 100k. I'll be kind of glad of the 6 week World Cup break coming up.

yeah you're right there, all the clean sheets leveled everything out for everyone. Loads of teams have Pope, Trippier, Cancelo + Arsenal defender at the back so despite them all getting cleanies it didnt do much to improve rank. People who owned Wilson or Almiron and had a scoring captain of Salah or KdB plus the template defence got the real gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

54 points and out to sit beside you Benimar. Didn't even get sucked into it after how bad Saturday went!

At least 2 more GW's and then the break, no harm. Try and re-group and think of a miracle to gain 70+ points to get to the top 100k. Any chance of a James haul for a double GW when is EO is on the floor? That might do the trick... Please and thanks.

Advertisement