Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

The maths was alot easier than expected, especially after trying the jobtestprep examples...

What is the next steps, we recieve our scores and are shortlisted for interview based on ranking or is there more online hoops to jump through first?

I've never applied for one of these competitions before..

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Sweet lord! Maths was relatively easy but was using a calculator that malfunctioned on the 2nd question and completely threw me for the rest of the numerical.

Other two seemed to be straightforward and would have been what I think was my strongest sections. Ah well, who knows.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Kenevil

I've just completed them now left it till the last minute.... what a time of year to hold them too busy to get a chance to complete never mind get some study in, numerical i thought was pretty easy one or 2 I took a guess, job sim.... yeah i don't think i'll have passed that and verbal I thought was straight forward but who knows... i only did it for the experience anyway so won't be too disappointed if I fail, good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 mariagirl

Did the tests earlier. I found the verbal and SJT relatively OK but not the numerical, found this difficult. Does anyone know what the qualifying mark is for each? Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

totally missed the instructions on the scan of the room and did a 20 second showing of the office - it was big and empty anyway - think it’ll matter ?

they watched me eat my breakfast for the numerical but I’m not too pushed about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Jbh91

Hey I did the same yesterday evening but emailed the assistance email and they let me resubmit the scans - I honestly don't think it's a big deal though

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭durthacht

Thanks for this post as I was stressed out yesterday by the numerical assessments in the job test prep pack because they were so hard. I felt new hope after I read your message so I had an early night and took the tests with a clear head first thing this morning, and you're right that the actual assessment was incomparable to the job test prep pack. I know I made a couple of mistakes in the actual assessment, but I just couldn't do most of the job test prep numerical assessments.

Thanks for your help and good luck in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ck18

Has anyone emailed PAS to find out if results will issue before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

Are we sure that Maths does not count for OOM and you only have to pass it. Something happened during Maths which completely through me but hope I did enough to pass.

thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭durthacht

Well, the information pack (page 3) says that "Candidates must reach the required standard in all three tests. Successful candidates will be placed on the Order of Merit based on their combined scores from the Verbal and Job Simulation Exercise" so it seems to exclude the numerical assessment form the OOM position. Although figuring that out feels like a verbal reasoning assessment in itself... 😀

Good luck to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Kenevil

Yes numerical is always a pass or fail and has no weight on your OOM, which is a shame because its normally my best score 🤣

thanks everyone

now the waiting begins

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

ditto , i was thinking this is why I shouldnt leave it till last minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

I emailed PAS and they said results will be issued in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Great, so we can put it aside for now and enjoy the festivities :D

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭HydroTendonMan

Precisely. Best of luck to you all - and happy Christmas!

got an email saying results to go out early Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

PAS history makes me think we'll get em at about 2pm today based on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DonutLike

I’m guessing next Friday as a lot of staff off until 3/1/2023

I agree! I'm hoping we hear on the 6th. Can't say I'm confident, but at least I'll know one way or the other.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 DonutLike

The very same, it would just be nice to have the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theanu

I am hopeful for today. This competition closed on a Tuesday 3 weeks ago. Also, in 2021 the results were published on a Tuesday, 3 weeks after the comp closed. fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

I just got an email saying mid january. so thinking end of this week, or early next week. I think they always give the longest possible time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 parisee88

Does anyone have any inkling as to when the next competition will come up seeing as they seem to be rattling through panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lemma

2023 according to the circular about this one..

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gadgetman99

This is the next competition, they run in 2 year cycles ie. The 2021 competition expires July 2023, the 2022 panel starts from July 2023. The next competition might be in 2024/2025

That's from the information booklet. Going by those dates, the next competition will be open next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Results should come today fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dano2014

Had the fingers crossed for today, oh well! Still time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Mid January strikes me as likely to fall on Friday 13th so make sure to avoid ladders, bubble wrap every mirror in the house, leave the umbrella outside, keep salt in an un-spillable location, avoid stepping on any cracks or walk past any black cats this week and everything will be grand 😎

Advertisement