Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DualSense Edge™ wireless controller

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'll admit to it running out a bit quicker, but not by much in my experience so far. Usually, a fully charged DS will get me from about 23.30 to 06.30. With the Edge I'm charging closer to 06.00. Still early days but that seems to be the trend so far. Mixture of gaming with some breaks while watching an episode or two of an anime/Netflix in-between. Definitely not 50% less anyway.

The battery size is most likely due to the space the replaceable sticks take up, and trying to keep it at close as possible to the DS. I can see how this could be a deal breaker for couch gamers, but if you don't game too far from your screen it's not really an issue imo. It also charges in the dock, so with a bit of planning you could have it charging every time you put it down. I'll take the reduced battery life if it gives me swappable sticks. I don't think I ever had a controller fail me for battery, but I've had plenty stick drift. And hoping they don't block Gulikits Hall ones.

Probably testing the water. Like PSVR, the Edge 2 will be better. I can't fairly compare it to the Elite because I don't own one and have limited experience of the first one. But if it's like the standard Xbox controller in the way it feels, hard face buttons, and pains in my thumbs after extended use, then I already prefer the Edge. Even with its less back paddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭jj880

Depends which way you look at it I suppose. Standard dual sense roughly 50% more battery capacity than edge. Edge roughly 33% less than standard dual sense. Software does look outstanding. Looks like a generous cable too with lock. Im sure plenty still play cabled these days. Hard to see how they could keep the stick modules and up the battery capacity. Have the adjustable trigger switches as a software option instead? Could make some room. Theres always magnetic cables. I have a 3m cable for when I run low. Comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Before the price was announced it was pretty much the main talking point about the controller, ye hardly ever hear people talk about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I actually don't know how it never clicked with me. I just assumed there'd be four.

Have magnetic snap on/off batteries ever been a thing with controllers? Its popular at the moment with vr headsets. I think it'd be slick to have a 2nd battery charging on the stand then just swap them and carry on playing. Would work well with a premium controller as Id imagine most people would only buy 1 at the higher price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

I bought this 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Have started playing battlefield again so I could probably justify owning this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

While I do think the price of this controller is nuts, i feel the issue isnt with the consumer but with Sony selling the controller for double of what its worth. I think the controller would be much better received by all at the €100-€150 price range. €240 is insane, im glad i dont play fps on console as id be tempted to pick one of these up if i were 😅

I do think the software that comes with it for adjusting the analogues sensitivity should be the default across all of the sony controllers though, surely they could implement that on the standard ps5 controller? or is there some hardware addition preventing that on the ps5 standard?

The Edge has some great features but I have to agree. No reason they cant fix drift and allow dead zones for standard dualsense. Of course Sony know that would mean less sales of the Edge. Cant have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

As a cod player I might pick one of these up eventually but don't like the white colour scheme, I do like the removable sticks as they have failed me on numerous Scuff controllers

Last year I bought a mod kit for the standard controller and it works great.

It would need to drop to around €180 and I might pick one up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Edge price range is insane - I can somewhat understand it for the VR headset but not for a controller

Advertisement