Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swan song. For the Mod team.

Options
  • 24-10-2022 11:34pm

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Beasty5:55 pm

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119776458#Comment_119776458

And a load more posts deleted. Threadbans for posters continuing to ignore this warning

You've said that we shouldn't discuss Asylum seekers, or refugees.. but they're primary methods by which multiculturalism is established in the modern world.

The initiatives and promotional movements by the government regarding encouraging acceptance of Asylum seekers sets the stage for how multiculturalism is deemed normal. I do appreciate that the thread shouldn't directly involve Ukrainian refugees, but the impact of their entry into Ireland alters the culture here, along with their impact on the economy. All of which contributes to the overall situation regarding multiculturalism.

Just to make it clear to the rest of us.. what are the safe topics that should/can be discussed on this thread?

This is not any kind of attempt at an argument or seeking a discussion (I'm not trying to be difficult). Just that I'm a wee bit confused as to why such topics are being excluded when they do relate directly with how Ireland is changing (considering the actual numbers of refugees that have been admitted into Ireland over the last two decades, and the fact that most remain here impacting Irish society to one degree or another)

Lastly, there are no other threads to discuss Asylum seekers, refugees, or the issues related to them. They've all be closed. Repeatedly. Only the Ukrainian thread remains for the Ukrainian refugees, but if we want to discuss Asylum seekers, there is no dedicated thread.

NOTE: I have not pm'd Beasty about this, as I would like the involvement of other mods in dealing with this ban.(Originally, I did.. but after writing all this, I really can't be bothered anymore)

Throughout my time on boards, I have always sought to remain respectful of the decisions by mods. However, this is beyond ridiculous, and shows the brutal Iron fist of a mod in deciding what can be discussed on a thread, regardless of the manner of the content provided. Not that we're told what we can discuss.. just what we can't.

I asked a simple question regarding what could be discussed on the thread. Considering the range of the warning (no talk about Asylum seekers or refugees), it was a reasonable request due to the nature of the thread (foreign groups and integration/assimilation of culture). There was nothing insulting, nasty, or whatever in my post. No warning was received. Nothing. Just an immediate threadban.

I can understand that insulting, racist, bigoted, or posts which break the charter are deleted, with the posters themselves warned or banned. Fine. That's all in the charter, and well known to all posters.

However, this is still a discussion board, and over the last few months there's been a slow creep of censorship towards a variety of topics, or opinions regarding certain topics.. such as immigration, refugees or Asylum seekers. Even the most general of discussions gets shutdown, or we're told to take it to a particular thread (such as the Ukrainian refugee thread, where we are then told not to discuss such topics because it's unrelated to Ukrainians). Except, there are no threads where we can discuss these topics, because they're shutdown quick.

Honestly, I'm not even looking for the ban to be lifted. I'm done. The manner in which boards and the moderation has changed over the last year has killed the sense of enjoyment I've always had from participating in discussions. There is a decided sense of favouritism towards posters supporting particular topics who swim through, without getting the posts deleted, and never appear to be warned for the aggressive/insulting posting styles.. all the while, those who do try to dance that fine line are threadbanned. It's simply amazing how much work some mods are putting into killing the ability to discuss topics in a fair and logical way.

I joined boards a very long time ago, and I never thought I'd leave it completely. I am now. Respects to Wibbs and a few others of the mods.. but some of you really need to consider what you're doing here.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭circadian

Bye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I think you just need to accept that this site is beasty.ie and what he says goes.

It's been like that for a while now especially since the change to vanilla.

The lack of diversity in the moderating and admin team has been to the sites detriment - but it is what it is I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

over the last few months there's been a slow creep of censorship towards a variety of topics, or opinions regarding certain topics.. such as immigration, refugees or Asylum seekers. Even the most general of discussions gets shutdown,

it was like that in Dav's time, only more-so

TLDR

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

In short: a poster who has a long, long history (see links below) of making dodgy comments about Africans and Ukrainians throws a strop because he has to impose more limits on the kind of “mask on” bigoted bile he likes to spew.

Apparently asking posters not to share white supremacist talking points is a “slow creep towards censorship.” 😳

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119513015/#Comment_119513015

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119513103/#Comment_119513103

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,486 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm sorry to see you go, klaz.

You're a good poster and always remain cool and polite when your posts are taken out of context to claim you've said something you didn't. I can understand your frustration with it.

It’s incredible how illustrating a poster has made one bigoted remark after another over a fifteen year period will lead you to being accused of “taking things out of context,” “twisting things,” and “misinterpretation.”

Maybe, just maybe, it’s up to individual posters never to make racist remarks about Africans, rather than throw a strop when someone takes issue with their posts.

The fact is that any reasonable person would suggest that sharing white erasure conspiracy theories and suggesting Africans are inherently violent people is racist, even if you’re not using ethnic slurs or promoting extermination (yet).

People need to own their words on here, rather than crying about being persecuted when someone calls their bile for what it is, even if it is decorated with formatting ornatery with a sprinkling of polite respectability as the cherry on top.

A lot of posters hide behind the respectable race-realist stuff and I’m proud of the likes of Beasty and tenofswords for reading between the lines and calling it like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I’m proud of the likes of Beasty and tenofswords for reading between the lines and calling it like it is.

I’m kidding CGI, I’m kidding, just couldn’t resist 😂

Sorry to see klaz go..one of the better posters around, but it's true..

The modding is a disgrace..

This deleting posts tactic is truly Orwellian..

On quite a few issues only one side of the argument is permissible..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What particular lines in those posts are racist?

What hides true racism the most is posters like you who completely dilute the meaning of the word.

• Advertisement

The lines about African people “loving” violence and hoping Eastern European immigrants outbreed Africans in order to prevent white replacement in Europe are racist.

Like I said before, bigotry isn’t exclusive to spitting out racial slurs. Just because he isn’t using a certain word beginning with N doesn’t mean he’s not sharing racist ideas. Those are racist/bigoted ideas, even if he is putting his views across politely and eloquently.

It’s all there in black and white: Klaz is a racist. He even said before that he’s “not a non-racist.” He’s hiding behind false claims of his words being twisted and misinterpreted, and his spineless defenders who seem to genuinely believe that racism can only manifest through using mean words.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119513129/#Comment_119513129

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He even said before that he’s “not a non-racist.” 

link to that please,

edit, i see it now

"Oh, btw I'm not a non-racist. I'm just not a racist per your (and robbies) claims."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

So you think the desire to preserve your own race is racist? How backwards is that!

The worst thing about your moral standards is that if someone said the exact opposite i.e. "I hope Africans outbreed native whites in Europe" - you would be completely silent at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭archfi

I hope you don't permanently go, klaz (if you're reading this)

Boards, sort your *awful* admin and moderation out please.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Jackiebt

Power corrupts, it's as simple as that. What used to be a fantastic forum is now over run and ran by lefties. How can you realistically run a thread on multiculturalism in Ireland and prohibit any discussion related to asylum seekers? Not surprised Beasty is at the forefront, one only has to follow the Russia thread. Dozens banned and some for trivial posts, harmless posts go missing. I'm with you Klaz, have lost interest in even reading Boards anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rebelblaa

Yet here you are still whinging and moaning. Plenty of other boards/forums out there that’ll align with whatever agenda you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

he's the only mod/admin that get's complained about, what does that tell you. I see it as a Victor Meldrew type that's constantly looking for an argument really. Even the warning messages he sends are baiting and aggressive, and most of the time wrong to be honest it can actually be quite funny.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The OP cannot be bothered discussing this with me but can be bothered making a song and dance about it here

And for the poster whinging about me being the only Admin getting criticised - perhaps that's because I am the only Admin anyone sees. Likewise as one off the two most active mods on the site is it surprising that those who's behaviour warrants action come over here to have a whinge as well

As for other Admins/Mods contributing here - well the thread has been open 3 and a half days and none have posted, which does not exactly surprise me given my comments in the previous paragraph

OP your desire for martyrdom is noted. I've no time to waste over such rants here. Of course there is a proper way to go about this but you simply wish to attack me

Closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement