Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Motley Crue 'The WORLD Tour' Tues 4th July 2023 Marlay Park Dublin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like mick is retiring so won't be on the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Such a pity but not unexpected sadly. Really underrated musican who battled through every night. Hope he enjoys his retirement. Lucky to see him with them in 2015

Replacement will be interesting, won't happen in a month of Sundays but imagine CC Devile coming in. Richard Fortus from the current lineup of GNR could be a good shout

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Will they go all KISS and have him in Micks gear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭EOQRTL

Fools and their money.

A bargain this

'Kickstart VIP Package- €1,782.00 each

includes:

-One Gold Circle Concert Ticket

-Priority Entry into the Venue (When/Where Available)

-Individual Photograph with members of the band

-One Commemorative Mötley Crüe Lithograph

-Merchandise Voucher worth 230 Euro - Redeemable in the Mötley Crüe

Online Store

-Exclusive Mötley Crüe Merchandise Item

-One Commemorative Mötley Crüe Pin Set

-Commemorative VIP Laminate & Lanyard'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

Crue Interview from 2013 🤣🤣

Speaking about MÖTLEY CRÜE‘s touring plans, Tommy said: “The farewell tour is next. This will be it. Our guitar player, Mick, he has a spinal disease that’s slowly fusing his vertebrae together. It’s one of those things that’s treatable, but not curable. So it’s just progressively getting really worse and it’s painful for him, so he doesn’t wanna tour much longer. I can’t say I blame him… The last thing we ever wanna do is go out running on two cylinders with some hired guy playing guitar; that’s just wack. So we wanna go out with one big hurrah with the original guys and be done with it.”

In an August 2013 interview with the Oakland PressCRÜE singer Vince Neil said that Mars‘ ongoing battle with Ankylosing spondylitis, a painful form of chronic arthritis that causes vertebrae in the spine to fuse together, as well as the band’s desire to “go out on top” were the primary reasons for CRÜE‘s revelation that they will call it quits after 2015. “It’s just time,” Neil said. “Mick‘s health is not that good, and touring is tough on him. I’m sure in five, 10 years’ time, we’ll probably do something together again, but it’s not gonna be like a KISS farewell to the farewell to the farewell tour. We’re not gonna be like that.”

However, in a posting on his Twitter account, Mars painted a different picture, claiming that his medical condition had never affected his playing. “Any rumors regarding a farewell tour due to ‘my poor health’ are BS,” he said. “I am doing fine, my AS has never kept me from touring and never will.”

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

No barrier at the Metallica Slane gig. Supposed to have been but didn’t materialise

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just to avoid confusion here

There was a 'Golden Circle' Barrier, what Degag means is that they were selling 'cheaper' tickets for a supposed seperate section right at back at top of hill, on day of gig there was no barrier

Some who had paid for general admission were a bit pissed and a few who complained to MCD were sent out Metallica Slane Posters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

I actually got 2 tickets to Ghost for free from MCD after that which I sold at 100% profit!

Awesome, that's very kind of ya giving them away, presume that's what ya did as 100% of nothing is.... errr, nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭boccers

Exactly what I did and it was just coincidence that the lad I gave them to was giving away cash at the same time so in the end we both ended up happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

Even though Vince isn't fit to sing these days, the replacement of Mick and potentially Vince soon after announcing all these tour dates is a bit ****.

I can take or leave Def Leppard, I wanted to see Motley Crue for the first and likely last time with the original members. Wouldnt had bought a ticket if I knew this would happen

Weird not seeing Mick there, Vince seems to be in good shape

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Vince isnt singing and the band arent playing, its all a tape according to Mick Mars.

Ive suspected this for a long time about many artists and bands.

The guitarist also accused the band’s bassist Nikki Sixx of “gaslighting” him about his deteriorating guitar skills, alleging in return that Sixx didn’t “play a single note on bass” during a recent tour. He claimed that all of Nikki’s parts were pre-recorded.

“When you play in a stadium like that, you can hear a lot of things come to the monitors or what doesn’t. And with Vince’s [Neil] vocals, bass, drums, guitars, and all the other stuff, it was obvious that it was all on tape. And Mick was pissed off and said, ‘I can play these things. I want to play them. I don’t want to make believe I’m playing them.

Good analysis of it here

Not sure what to think but its not going to stop my enjoyment/excitment for the show on the 4th July, seen Crue and Leppard before indoors. Even if Crue 'werent playing' it was still great as were Leppard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If he's using a tape, shouldn't he use one where he's on key?

It was a joke when they announced this tour and it's just gotten worse, but maybe enough fools and their money have been parted to make it worthwhile, although I doubt it.

• Advertisement

Tour starts tomorrow night in Sheffield

Tour going Down Under in November. Milking it for all its worth

Leppard the headliners for Dublin. Seems there doing the different standing sections. Odd enough if the gig is supposed to be selling badly. In the Gold Circle myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I caught this in Belgium at Graspop, well I dipped away towards the end of Crue to go watch another band and got to Leppard about 5 songs in I guess.

Crue were better than anticipated believe me expectations were low I'd seen them once before but seen Vince solo about 5 years ago and it's one of the worst things I've ever seen, now not sure how much is live but Vince was noticeably terrible for 'Shout at the Devil' and 'Dr. Feelgood' especially haha. Why they are covering Gary Glitter I do not know def a hang on a minute moment.

Leppard the most polished band going not a major fan but clearly Crue were very much a support act for them. Clearly the justified headliners too here so much affinity for Ireland. Does Joe still live here? Ghost's music video last year suggests he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

They're on tonite in Wembley. Must check out Twitter etc for vids later on.

Did I hear there's a brutal storm forecast for Tuesday?

i noticed there's 3 types of tickets, Gold Circle, General Admission and Rear General Admission

Surely it's not sold enough for them to warrant splitting up the GA, and having to put extra security/barriers up to split

I can see them doing what they done at Slane for Metallica, just doing away with the rear GA, plenty of people moaned to them about that, quite a few got Slane Metallica posters as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It's insane although I love them these guys have wildly overestimated their popularity in 2023. Look at this pic from Wembley Stadium last night. They should never have been booked for the Stadium, they should have been booked instead for OVO Wembley Arena which would have been perfect

Jaysus, thats awful, was this pic taken during Crue??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

likely, a lot more bodies turned up later as shown in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqcmOkRnCtA but very much the wrong venue, some one has rightly lost their shirts on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd have liked to have seen the crue, and was interested when this was first announced. However the combination of no Mick Mars, it being a Tuesday in Marlay Park, but particularly the accusations made by Mick Mars about miming... I'm out. Tuesday in Marlay Park is specific to Ireland but I'd say the other two points are hurting ticket sales everywhere.

• Advertisement

Seen all 3 bands before but it should be a decent day out tomorrow

Not the same as would of been 12-15 years ago but finally Crue in Ireland

Leppard always bring serious support acts

Advertisement