Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard & Motley Crue 'The WORLD Tour' Tues 4th July 2023 Marlay Park Dublin

Options
  • 20-10-2022 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭

Finally Crue make it too Ireland. It will be a fun day out and on the great American holiday

'First, U.S. Stadiums…now - THE WORLD 🤘The World Tour with Def Leppard is hitting Latin America & Europe in 2023! 🔥'

THE WORLD TOUR DATES:

Feb 18, 2023 Mexico City, Mexico

Feb 21, 2023 Monterrey, Mexico

Feb 25, 2023 Bogota, Colombia

Feb 28, 2023 Lima, Peru

Mar 03, 2023 Santiago, Chile

Mar 07, 2023 Sao Paulo, Brazil

Mar 09, 2023 Curitiba, Brazil

Mar 11, 2023 Porto Alegre, Brazil

May 22, 2023 Sheffield, UK

May 25, 2023 Mönchengladbach, Germany

May 27, 2023 Munich, Germany

May 29, 2023 Budapest, Hungary

May 31, 2023 Krakow, Poland

Jun 2, 2023 Prague, Czech Republic Prague Rocks

Jun 3, 2023 Hannover, Germany

Jun 7, 2023 Solvesborg, Sweden Sweden Rock Festival

Jun 9, 2023 Hyvinkää, Finland RockFest

Jun 11, 2023 Trondheim, Norway Trondheim Rocks

Jun 14, 2023 Copenhagen, Denmark COPENHELL

Jun 18, 2023 Dessel, Belgium Graspop Metal Meeting

Jun 20, 2023 Milan, Italy

Jun 23, 2023 Lisbon, Portugal

Jun 24, 2023 Rivas-Vaciamadrid, Spain

Jun 27, 2023 Thun, Switzerland

Jul 1, 2023 London, UK

Jul 2, 2023 Lytham, UK Lytham Festival

Jul 4, 2023 Dublin, Ireland

Jul 6, 2023 Glasgow, UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

This should be good craic, didn’t expect Motley Crue would ever get to Ireland, really looking forward to it, even if Vince totally hasn’t got it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No thanks,

Band of the tour from the US LEG, Poison, ain't playing,

Doubtful Mick Mars will be here either (Jonny 5 from Rob Zombie band replacing)

Vince's voice shot and has been for years.

Def Leppard playing a rake of songs from their recent and awful new album.

The disasters getting to, from and into Marlay Park

Rather suck shite through a straw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,405 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Def are like Sheffield's Bon Jovi, no time for them, liked their debut album a bit, Motley I seen back in 1984 at Donington and that was their debut UK gig I think back then.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That's unfair, they are much much better than those new jersey toss pots.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seen Leppard a few times and most recently 2018 where they done the whole 'Hysteria' album. This will be the first and possibly only time I'll see them outdoors. Always a good show

With the 'The End' tour in 2015 been touted as the last tour from Crue, I decided to head over to Manchester to see them (actually my first ever flight) and it was good. Nikki is full of **** as you expect and Tommy Lee not far behind him

As someone siad its not going to be like the 80s vocal wise/musically but a sunny day with the beers flowing it could be a great day.

I'm guessing there might be golden circle and general admission. The ticketmaster page states 'General Admission Only' but it saying that for 'Depeche Mode in Malahide' it siad the same and there ended up been GC and GA

Noticed that no 'plus support' on the poster. Hopefully they add something. Seems to be marketed as different tour than 'The Stadium Tour'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There are 3 things I hate more than anything when it comes to live music.

Tuesday shows

Marlay park shows

Watching a band way past their prime embarrassing themselves.

So safe to say this one is a miss.......

Shame because Def Leppard doing their 2009-2035 shtick indoors is usually a good night.

Darn for some reason thought the London show was in 'London Stadium' and not Wembley

Always wanted to go to Wembley for something. Hotel prices in London around the area have sky rocketed as you'd expect and would don't know that area at all

Ah well Marlay Park will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

13 yr old me would have thought "Fcuking yes !"

50 yr old me thinks "Fcuking No !"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭furiousox

1984 at Donington, 1986 at Hammersmith Odeon, 2011 at MEN Arena Manchester

If this gig was in the Aviva I'd go, but Marlay Park and possibly no Mick Mars......?

As much as I'd (kind of) like to see them one more time, I'm giving this one a miss.

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,446 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hotel prices in London don't change much because of the number of major events in the city. Every weekend over the winter there will be two major football matches, perhaps something at Twickenham, and the O2. In the summer it's cricket, tennis, tourism and these gigs

You will generally find a cheap Travelodge or the like, as well as all the smaller hotels. London is very easy to get across. If I'm flying into London City I'll often stay at the Travelodge there. It's then 20 mins into the City on the DLR. 10 mins to the O2. Another 20 out to one of the major stadiums. Wembley has a couple of major tube stations and a rail station that takes you straight to/from Marylebone. they are used to shifting 100,000 attendees. I've probably been there 50+ times for football and concerts. If you properly plan it's quite easy to get back into the city.

For Taylor Hawkins I stayed near Paddington and jumped on the Tube at Paddington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭dasdog

I saw them in McGonagles even though I wasn't a fan at all - Ozzy did similar small gigs there the year before so I thought I'd go along. Turned out it was their first gig in something like three years and a warm up show for The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert a few days later at Wembley. They played Queen's "Now I'm Here" which was quite good. It wasn't advertised and there was only a few hundred people at it even though they were still considered Stadium/Arena level.

Quite impressive I must say but the sound was what I remember - it was exceptional.

Doubt I'd go to this even with free tickets which occasionally pop up for me when Marlay gigs are on.

CPL 593H

Crue tribute band.

Lol at all the comments saying they should sack Vince and get this guy in.

Even Adlers Appetite sound better than GnR so.... why not? 😃

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Tuesday night is a bit poxy alright but I live down the road so it’s very handy. I’m a Def Leopard fan and they always put on a good show, Motley Crew not so much.

Presales start on Tuesday, Def Leppard have the 'Rock Brigade' fan club but its a subscription service @ €59 for the year (t-shirt and pin included) and can't see to find if Crue have a fan club. Had a look there and you have to buy a t-shirt or something through the online store to get a code

Shouldn't be a problem getting a ticket but the sooner getting that cost out of the way the better

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Always wanted to see the Crüe but with the prices, the fact their best days are long behind them & that its Marley park means I'll reluctantly pass.

You'll definitely pick up a cheap ticket a few days/weeks before the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If you like football better off at a play-off final or the womens FA cup for the stadium, Jess Glynne performing at a charity shield game was enough for me not to be sussing out gigs there and she performed well even though not my thing. I actually like the arena but seems to get a bad rep.

Anyway other than a Sainsburys and restaurants/eateries that depend on event day trade there is f all there, stayed in one of the hotels once that was a good rate but the recommendation would be much better off taking the tube in, very convenient. You don't need to know area just go there attend whatever and leave for a proper location ha.

Crues indoor shows were a lot more theatrical then I imagined

Looking at YouTube of some of the US shows the outdoor show still looks decent. How it will work on a sunny evening in Marlay Park is another thing. Few nice sights there alright

Someone in MCD needs a slap, it's 'Crue' not 'Crew'

• Advertisement

Prices

Gold Circle- €126 + Fees

General Admission- €99.50, €89.50 + Fees

Thanks for that.

Do you know what the difference between the two GA prices are?

No idea but I'm guessing maybe like Metallica in Slane a few years back there could be a barrier or something separating the 2 GA zones

You can buy tickets now using the first link on the TM page but you have to buy a membership to Def Leppards fan club for €64. Feck that I'll try my luck in the MCD presale tomorrow

Yeah feck that I say getting a ticket for this should be handy enough I don't really see it selling out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Buy the cheapest ones, it'll be like GnR and they'll be handing out gold circle passes on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

I reckon there will be shed loads of cheapo tickets doing the rounds on the lead up to this.

Gold circle ticket secured, roll on July

Hoping more support will be added since the gates are down to open at 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

Any pre sale codes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement